The Book of Boba Fett

I bet you could edit this down to a good 2 hour movie and put it in chronological order and it would be pretty damn decent.

Because he doesn't look or sound like Jango or the Clones as adults?
Still hard disagree. To quote myself from upthread...

Dan looks more like Tem at 40 now than he did before. Recent-recent pics are harder to come by, but this is Dan at 32 compared to Tem filming AOTC:

View attachment 1500603

Bearing in mind that Jango had had a harder life than Boba, also... *shrug*View attachment 1500604

I see a lot of people relating to Dan or thinking of him as the person and actor he was a decade and a half ago, or even five years ago, when he isn't. As I said then, and feel even more after finishing BoBF, I buy him as an appropriately-aged Boba in this setting more than I do Tem at his current age. And this is as someone who adores Tem as a person and actor, too. Since AOTC, I've been working to acquire his back catalogue, and I just appreciate him more and more and feel he was criminally underused in the Prequels. Am I glad to see him back in Star Wars? Absolutely, and I want more. As Boba? No.

Also, just to inject some actual science into things (I know), how a person looks on maturation depends a lot on environmental factors. A clone who leads a distinctly different early life than its donor will look more like a sibling or cousin than an exact duplicate. And accents aren't inherited, either. Though I suppose since Dee did a bad Aussie accent instead of a good Kiwi one, maybe we can presume that was the accent of whoever or whatever provided the clones' early education. I also can't excuse Mando season 2 for repeating the impossible claim that Boba's armor is Jango's.

As for editing the series down? Yeah, I could see that. No Bib. No Mods. Fewer attempts to backstab Boba. No bacta flashbacks. We see him escape the sarlacc, get taken in by the Sandpeople, run into Mando, rescue Fennec, get his armor back, walk into Jabba's palace and sit down on the throne, assert dominance, get pushback, kill everyone with his battle-rancor, the end.

I haven't found the article, but I saw a Youtube video that mentioned Temuera Morrison saying that if there's a second season he wants to return to the bad*ss Boba we know. I can kind of buy that he was weak in this series, but the writing has to be a lot better. It kind of goes down a tiny bit better if there's a reason, but it still seems like a huge waste.

Why would they do a season 2? It’s fairly clear (to me, anyways) that this show was an abandoned movie script that was dusted off and stretched and retconned into working with the Mandalorian because the future of the Mandalorian was up in the air. I suppose that’s one of the problems with streaming—there’s no clear numbers on whether or not people like a show, because everyone will watch it, vs. box office returns where you can see how many people saw it opening night, how long of a run it had, whether word of mouth was good or if people were being convinced not to see it by those who had. So, because everyone tuned in to Boba Fett and Kenobi, those shows will get more. Because gotta have as much content as possible so people don’t realize they own physical copies of 95% of Disney+.

I haven't found the article, but I saw a Youtube video that mentioned Temuera Morrison saying that if there's a second season he wants to return to the bad*ss Boba we know. I can kind of buy that he was weak in this series, but the writing has to be a lot better. It kind of goes down a tiny bit better if there's a reason, but it still seems like a huge waste.
Of course he wants to return to the badass we know…because what they gave us was a boring old man doing boring old man stuff. More of that would be soooo much fun. /s

They should’ve found some way to explain his armor being out of the pit, but left him dead.

I was thinking about this late last night…Why didn’t Daniel Logan play Boba Fett? In canon, his age would have been closer to the correct estimate than Morrison.
Screenshot_20220718-132731_Background Eraser - Remove BG.jpg

This dropped earlier.. Prolly fake but if true more flashbacks could involve DL..
I think The House of Mouse dropped the ball not having him play at least for some part a younger Fett..

I don't think it's fake because several promotional ads in non U.S. markets have listed it as one of the upcoming shows. However that doesn't equal an official announcement. It could just be local marketing in those countries getting ahead of themselves.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back