The Amazing Spider-Man 2

^^^My bad forgot the pew pew guns :)

warrhino2_1358870055.jpg

You think Michael Bay is getting any kickback money from it?

And I thought Thor would be a nearly impossible translation to film, but these guys can't even get Rhino right.

I'm left to only imagine how awesome a Spideman movie made by Marvel would be.

Again, I'm part of the problem, because I will probably go see it, and most likely enjoy it, but I know it's just not right.

The movies that stick closest to the comic seem to turn out to be better movies. When studios divert from the original material, it doesn't appear to be for the best.

Sorry, but when I go to see a movie I don't think "actors", I think "characters". If the role calls for the face to be covered, it should be covered, I don't care how great the actor is. So far DREDD is the only movie to have the balls to do this. I hate how they are always trying to figure out ways to unmask the characters.

Granted though, this argument is moot as you are correct-- Rhino's face WAS always visible in the comics. But I certainly don't think the Green Goblin should've been maskless. As horrible as it was, at least it was a mask....Screw the actor, if the role calls for a mask, wear the mask. Don't tarnish the material just for an actor's vanity.

I actually really like the goblin suit/mask from the first Spidey film with Dafoe.

The rhino suit is....odd...but Webb said he'll have a minor role at the beginning, so I'm not worried. Electro looks cool. The new goblin (whichever version he is) looks weird.

The villains aren't the main draw for me, though. I just want to see Spidey kicking ass, and judging from the trailer, this movie will deliver on that.

People keep complaining about the "crappy CGI", but you have to remember that there is still a solid 4 months of work to do in post production.

Overall, I'm really excited.

Yeah, they still have time to work on the CGI but I honestly think they're going for more of a stylized comic book look rather than a more realistic look.

I was happily surprised by the trailer. Interested where they are going to go with whole Richard Parker Oscorp thing.
Wonder if they're gonna go down the lines of he did something to Peter as a child so he'd eventually become spiderman so as to protect the world from Oscorp and the terrible things they can do.

I also don't have a problem with Mecha Rhino. Not so keen on gobbie, would prefer a more comic version or something more like the concept version for Spiderman 1. But you know, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you Hollywood for killing Spider-Man for me. My all time favorite villain looks like he should be in Nsync. The Green Goblin is to be a total crazy loon, yet very smart. He has to wear a mask because of his split personally. Once he goes into his mad state he puts the mask on. Thus you know he is gonna kick some ass. Once spidey beats him up or he comes to his senses...the mask comes off. It's how he rolls, that's how he scares the crap out of people. Not look as if he is gonna stop by Starbucks for a latte and dance for the crowd as he goes bye bye bye. No he blows up the Starbucks with some pumpkin bombs while laughing about how that's a hot cup of joe..

Why is oscorp making all the bad guys? Stupid and a waste of a comic book characters. It's kills off all the real back stories and why guys are what they are and do it for. Just hang it over to Disney and say we're sorry please fix.

Huh, well at least Rhino's still a guy in a suit. I hadn't been keeping up with this too well, and some of the promo shots had me worried it might just be a drone.

I actually really like the goblin suit/mask from the first Spidey film with Dafoe.

The rhino suit is....odd...but Webb said he'll have a minor role at the beginning, so I'm not worried. Electro looks cool. The new goblin (whichever version he is) looks weird.

The villains aren't the main draw for me, though. I just want to see Spidey kicking ass, and judging from the trailer, this movie will deliver on that.

People keep complaining about the "crappy CGI", but you have to remember that there is still a solid 4 months of work to do in post production.

Overall, I'm really excited.

I think his minor role will be similar to Szasz's role in Batman Begins. Just a throwaway villain that won't have an overarching arc

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back