The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Costume Reference Pics

That's because it's not actually puff paint. Hence me using the word 'equivalent'. We only use puff for our costumes. I'm sure whatever the costume designers used for the original ASM suit and this one was a lot more robust than your everyday puff paint.

if you base knowledge of what material this is on the previous suits, none of the webbing will be urethane because it doesn't hold up well at that thickness, it has a slight texture that looks to be foam latex to me....

theres a long behind the scenes interview with Alex and Tom talking about the webs and how they tried ever material up the sun, and foam was the only one that stretched at the same rate as the fabric and could hold up to repeated use, urethane and silicone failed the course

and based on how it was done previously, and that's all this suit is accept for slight grid pattern variances and lens size....

so my money is on them making this suit exactly as the did the Raimi versions.

Welcome to the boards VenomSpawn, you'll love it here.

I think the web's are the same material though, I don't see a difference between those two. However, it can be seen that the spider on the chest is a part of the web material and is not glued separately on the suit like the Raimi one.

I still honestly rink the spider is separate.
It's not lashing around the legs I think it's glue.
If if was part of the webs it would be a different
texture and the legs would line up better.

i think the spider is underneath if you view the hi res pics the webs go all around the spider like they where applied on top after the spider was stuck down also the spider is rougher then the shinny webs

Here are a couple of pics of the back spider and the bottom of the shoes:

the_amazing_spider-man_2_20130429_2034290821.jpg

the_amazing_spider-man_2_20130429_1901786848.jpg

Good shots there but dang...I mean this looks like TV spidey. Something you would see playing on the CW for kids, not film...I really, REALLY want to like it but the more shots come to light, the more disillusioned I get :( Sorry for being a hater guys.

Good shots there but dang...I mean this looks like TV spidey. Something you would see playing on the CW for kids, not film...I really, REALLY want to like it but the more shots come to light, the more disillusioned I get :( Sorry for being a hater guys.

Fett, remember how many people bitched about the ASM suit before the movie came out, saying it looked like crap, like a basketball, how it was the worst choice, etc. etc. etc.? Remember how eventually people calmed down and realized that it was simply a different interpretation, and a well-thought-out one at that, and a lot of people fell in love with it, saw it as a legitimate take on the spider suit design? How it didn't make the Raimi suit bad to like the new one? How the suit looked way better on screen than in the first crappy set photos? How people are allowed to have different tastes, and it's not a question of "worth" but a question of preference?

Can you try to remember that, and then try to apply those feelings to the current situation, those feelings you have about how much you like the ASM suit despite people initially crapping on it.... and labor to have a little empathy for the people that really do like this new design?

Food for thought.

I agree. Plus we also have to take into account that these are raw shots, the costume maybe altered with post effects in order to obtain desired effect for the final film. the only thing I find weird is the bulgy crotch zippers lol

Fett, remember how many people bitched about the ASM suit before the movie came out, saying it looked like crap, like a basketball, how it was the worst choice, etc. etc. etc.? Remember how eventually people calmed down and realized that it was simply a different interpretation, and a well-thought-out one at that, and a lot of people fell in love with it, saw it as a legitimate take on the spider suit design? How it didn't make the Raimi suit bad to like the new one? How the suit looked way better on screen than in the first crappy set photos? How people are allowed to have different tastes, and it's not a question of "worth" but a question of preference?

Can you try to remember that, and then try to apply those feelings to the current situation, those feelings you have about how much you like the ASM suit despite people initially crapping on it.... and labor to have a little empathy for the people that really do like this new design?

Food for thought.

Fair enough LOL. I was actually one of the people not liking many of the elements of the reboot suit BUT here's the funny thing. If they would've rolled out with this TASM2 suit in the first movie, I would've probably LOVED it. Let me explain why: I remember when I first learned Marc Webb was directing the new films, I was soooo excited for a fresh take/look on the story, and I figured he would up the "camp" element a bit while keeping the drama, think 500 days of Summer's musical number. But then when I saw the suit, it didn't fit my mental image at all and I automatically rejected it. Now I love it of course. But the reason I love it is I get the tone now. It's a darker tone. But then this is what follows? It doesn't make sense to me. But I'll try my best to keep an open mind. Raimi's Spider-Man 2 will probably always be my favorite, even with how impractical it is. That being said, I'm still very excited to see people start putting this together and seeing it come to life in the next movie. I'll be there, midnight show as always :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back