The 89 MattMobile Build Thread.

Annnnnnnnnd we're back!

long, painful story short, a hot rod place held my car captive for 8 months and did absolutely zero work on it. The only thing I have to show for my time is a thick coat of rust on the frame, and a few missing pieces :(

BUT i shall perservere.

To streamline updates I have started a facebook page for the build. Please Like it so you will be notified when any updates go up. I will of course continue to post here, but probably more frequently on fb.

http://www.facebook.com/RiseOfTheMattMobile

Too bad to hear about the hot rod place. Glad to see you're not giving up! One of my favorite threads on the forum. I'll defenitely check out the FB page!

I don't want to go into details, as I am pursuing litigation.

The only thing I cannot replace is the lost time :( image.jpg

been doing a lot of work lately grinding rust off. Not very visually exciting, but here's another cleaned up mounting post.

The great news is that the rust is coming off without a ton of effort. That's something :)

Very very nice, loving the building. Hating the people who mess others about like that. Good luck with everything and I think you have 13 onlookers glued to your work.

Cant wait to see you driving it. Havent had a good look around but do you have an 89 or 92 suit to go with it when its ready?

And now for something completely different. I finally got around to uploading some stuff I taped off the tv in 1989!!!! This is part one of a series, so if you like it, please subscribe to my channel.

Very interesting to see what news casts looked like just 25 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
hate to hear about your cars time in captivity. I also had a similar experience with my 68 impala. glad you got it back though. keep up the great work. I have really enjoyed following its progress.

That was funny, 30 million budget.....lol. how far would that get you today? 1 and a half leading men maybe? I remember when the batmobile came through Sheernesss docks in Kent, England. Just sitting there on its own with no security. My neighbour worked their and got some naughty pics.

More, more, more.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back