TFA Trailer - What is that??? (No Spoilers Please)

Wow ... that's freakin' awesome to see those frame by frame pictures ... I love those ... okay ... so you're excused ... and it's very likely it's been photoshopped then :wacko

Chaim

Hooray!

Now you mention it, the image always did look a little out of whack because the hemet in the screenshot and the blown up one were facing slightly different directions in my option any way
12107971_10153173010692361_8058304303353693521_n_zpsx1cdovnn.jpg

Yeah I fiddled around with some frames too and I can see something that *could* be interpreted as a Mandalorian visor but it may just be my brain trying to connect the dots. It definitely isn't that clear or conclusive though.

Yeah I feel the same, I still reckon I can make out the shape of the T Visor... Oh man I guess I just have to wait until the movie comes out... It would just be awesome to see any Mando's in the movie anyway!!!

A interestng fact about Bobba Fett that I dont know if anyone mentioned, in the the Starwars novels, he excapes from the creature using a thermal grenade and crawls out of the tunnel

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It definitely looks like a mando helmet from almost all the angles, but that one shot is absolutely manipulated.

I see the T-visor as well, but maybe it's playing tricks on all of us. :lol

man all this talk is getting me even more excited for the movie, so glad I already got my tickets. now it just comes down to not loosing them haha.

sucks that IMAX is only available in 3D

I was able to find a 2D, 70mm Film IMAX screening ... but not until after I had already given up and bought tickets for 3D during halftime after seeing how fast they were all going. That being said, I wish that my initial experience was going to be in 2D :( Opening night was sold out in 2D by the time I found them, and I'm not about to miss seeing it on opening night!!!

Last edited:
Oh man do I love John Williams, the trailer is just as amazing with just the music.
If you love John Williams you have to watch this (oh and it's by far the best soundtrack version of the score for the third trailer I have heard)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to find a 2D, 70mm Film IMAX screening ... but not until after I had already given up and bought tickets for 3D during halftime after seeing how fast they were all going. That being said, I wish that my initial experience was going to be in 2D :( Opening night was sold out in 2D by the time I found them, and I'm not about to miss seeing it on opening night!!!

Yeah, I bought IMAX 3D for Dec 17, but then I found out that the Air and Space Museum in DC is showing it in real IMAX too so I'm probably going to go see it there on the 19th or 20th.

Yeah, I bought IMAX 3D for Dec 17, but then I found out that the Air and Space Museum in DC is showing it in real IMAX too so I'm probably going to go see it there on the 19th or 20th.

Air and Space Museum is where I was talking about! My folks live in DC, so I got 70mm IMAX tickets for the 27th (I'll be there for Christmas). Even more excited for that showing than the 3D one opening night ...

Thank you for posting the music trailer, Studio 49....WOW. This is fantastic! Much different when the music is the focus, and what can we say about Williams that hasn't already been said?

Thanks again for posting.

-Ss

You guys do know that IMAX films are shorter right?
Due to the size limitations of the film reel table. (unless they have switched to digital media in the last 15 years)

When Ep 2 came out there where at least 5 versions.
Special advanced charity showings, regular, digital, Imax and the DVD.
All had different lengths and content.
IMAX had 20 minutes chopped out.

IMAX films are not inherently shorter, they just have a limit on how long they can be, due to the size of the built up film. It was an issue with Avatar and from what I hear, Nolan had originally wanted Interstellar to be longer than it was, but I personally doubt that TFA IMAX will be shorter ... it's only *2 hours and 16 minutes or so ... and all of the showtimes I've seen have that same run time posted.

Last edited:
IMAX films are not inherently shorter, they just have a limit on how long they can be, due to the size of the built up film. It was an issue with Avatar and from what I hear, Nolan had originally wanted Interstellar to be longer than it was, but I personally doubt that TFA IMAX will be shorter ... it's only an hour and 16 minutes or so ... and all of the showtimes I've seen have that same run time posted.

Did you mean 2 hours and 16 minutes...? I read your post and was about to be extremely upset if it was only an hour long movie. :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back