Graflex Thin Knurled Red Button: What saber is it used on?

The Dude

Sr Member
Hey all. Please forgive my ignorance. It has been years since I have been here.

I happen to be going through an old tool box of prop greeblies and came across a thin knurled red button I acquired from a Folmer flash gun that became one of my Luke sabers, which I acquired the correct long knurled buttons to make it accurate.

I decided to check Ebay to see what they are worth and found out these short knurled buttons go for around $250.00! What gives? I assume there was a prop discovery regarding this button I am not aware of?

Again...sorry for my ignorance. The Dude has not been here in quite some time. :)

This version was used on Luke's special effects lightsaber with the rotating blade in ANH. It was an aluminum tube with a similar (but not exact) shroud cut to emulate the Graflex top, a glass eye and the thin knurled red button. A graflex clamp with bubble strip, seven grips were also added. The shroud portion was painted black to be used as a stunt saber for Vader during filming parts of the duel as well, so this hilt saw some screen time. It's a hilt that really should get more love than it does and hopefully we'll see some accurate replicas of it on the market one day.

It was also used on a second Graflex hilt for early ESB filming, and then on the bladed solid graflex stunt saber as well.

I would not pay $250 for a button, personally.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back