TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I think the endcap and plug are a modification Finn/Rey makes to the Graflex in the movie.

If they needed to add practical illumination to the blade, lord knows they wouldn't make it so obvious.

I can't see them leaving it visible in practically every promo shot AND in the Instagram teaser.

I have also wondered if that is true. there is a spoiler/rumor about the saber and maybe if that spoiler/rumor is true it would make sense that the saber is modified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it has been lost to Luke for how long now? And we don't know yet how many hands it's been through until Finn/Luke gets it back and has to do something to it to make it work again.

Maz hands the saber off to Leia.

We know that it was not modified (at least on the bottom) up until that point, whenever that scene may be in the movie.

The question is whether or not it's modified and if so, how.

The question is whether or not it's modified and if so, how.

The rivets get modified to hex head screws... so there will be two versions of the TFA saber for everyone to buy. Damn, those Disney guys sure know how to squeeze every drop out, don't they?

I can't see them leaving it visible in practically every promo shot AND in the Instagram teaser.

If you look at the Prequel promo photos, everyone is either holding an unbladed hero lightsaber, or a bladed stunt that resembled the hero but not really.

To the 'average joe', it's the same saber. Anytime Finn is holding a bladed saber, even in promo shots, it's a stunt version.

I bet the EP7 hero saber will look exactly like it does in the teaser the entire movie. I bet the plug is an SPX thing, sound maybe.

Looks like we'll get a good look at it in the TFA Visual Dictionary, out Dec. 18 (provided that they actually photographed one of the real props used in the production)

TFA-Visual-Dictionary_DK.jpg

Interesting they note Kylo's saber as a plasma blade

No, they note the "blade" of his saber as a plasma blade. Which it is. That's how the Visual Dictionary has worked in the past. His saber would have it's own little arrow indicating it's a "lightsaber" or some such.

I bet the EP7 hero saber will look exactly like it does in the teaser the entire movie. I bet the plug is an SPX thing, sound maybe.

Seeing that Kylo Ren on the cover and having seen a toy-store display upclose . . . with the red reflection all over his robe and mask ... I speculate they used actually lit SFX stunt blades on set to get the color and glow of the 'plasma beams' from any lightsaber reflected onto the characters themselves and their surrounding environment ... for real this time ... just to be substituted later in post-production with partial CGI blades to create additional FX.

Chaim

I have a feeling, based off the official poster, that they may just have an optic poking out of the hilt. Here's what I'm talking about:

6s8ul8I.jpg

It may also just be a weird photoshop job. But I would most definitely be surprised if they didn't have light up stunt blades.

The clamp looks darker than the rest of the flash tube. I'm wondering if they're using a reproduction clamp, or covered the entire thing in a new finish or tape. Maybe they wanted to cover the GRAFLEX lettering and thought a small strip of tape looked to cheap and thrown together.

The clamp looks darker than the rest of the flash tube. I'm wondering if they're using a reproduction clamp, or covered the entire thing in a new finish or tape. Maybe they wanted to cover the GRAFLEX lettering and thought a small strip of tape looked to cheap and thrown together.

we know seven vintage flashes were bought for production, i dont think they would use a replica clamp. the 2nd trailer i think also confirms theres no silver tape covering graflex

I'm seeing repo clamp. But the pic is obviously tiny. So who knows

Looks like we'll get a good look at it in the TFA Visual Dictionary, out Dec. 18 (provided that they actually photographed one of the real props used in the production)

View attachment 533404

well the SW Visual Dictionary has had TFA saber since for ever, maybe they'll put it with two red buttons this time :lol

I agree, you usually have a continuous shine, even if they had several vintage flashes, you cannot have GRAFLEX showing on the screen, OR, the digitally removed it, that's why on ANH the original release had writing on some scenes in english that was later changed to Aurebesh.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back