Graflex Incs in the OT?

Not to be disrespectful, but a lot of these new questions that have been popping up by new members have been answered multiple times, over many years.

This is why the threads will go un answered because they have been answered many times before in the past

Which to me isn’t good all the way around, with these new questions not answered it just has the new member go back to other platforms looking.. which again no disrespect, most of the time other platforms don’t have the correct answer..

I always use the search button, I spend most of my nights before bed reading therpf and using the search button

But I also have advice on the search button

Information is changed monthly.. this past year TONs of new reference has surfaced now changing and proving new theories.. this can confused and contradict some threads

What I always do is when I find a thread if it’s a few years old and has 30 pages… I’m reading and find my answer on page 15.. I always read to the end to make sure nothing has changed.. once I get to the end, I check the date it was posted. If it’s fairly new I know the decision or answer is safe.. if it’s old… I keep searching other threads until I find my answer on a newer thread

I seriously do this every night

I don’t want this to sound like I’m coming off as a jerk, but I wanted to take the time and explain this here so others reading don’t get discouraged when their questions don’t get answered and decide to not come back to therpf

I just don’t want new members leaving therpf

… with all that said.. in my eyes there is at least 1/2 a inc in the OT…

Any evidence for stepped pin flashes in the OT? Or are they all thought to be Folmer?

I do not subscribe exclusively to the “Folmer Graflex Orthodoxy”…although we know, for certain, that some OT hilts were Folmers, I am sure that some Incs. were also used.

The flashes I have found in the wild, if used by a photographer, are often a mishmash of parts.

Last edited:
Not to be disrespectful, but a lot of these new questions that have been popping up by new members have been answered multiple times, over many years.

This is why the threads will go un answered because they have been answered many times before in the past

Which to me isn’t good all the way around, with these new questions not answered it just has the new member go back to other platforms looking.. which again no disrespect, most of the time other platforms don’t have the correct answer..

I always use the search button, I spend most of my nights before bed reading therpf and using the search button

But I also have advice on the search button

Information is changed monthly.. this past year TONs of new reference has surfaced now changing and proving new theories.. this can confused and contradict some threads

What I always do is when I find a thread if it’s a few years old and has 30 pages… I’m reading and find my answer on page 15.. I always read to the end to make sure nothing has changed.. once I get to the end, I check the date it was posted. If it’s fairly new I know the decision or answer is safe.. if it’s old… I keep searching other threads until I find my answer on a newer thread

I seriously do this every night

I don’t want this to sound like I’m coming off as a jerk, but I wanted to take the time and explain this here so others reading don’t get discouraged when their questions don’t get answered and decide to not come back to therpf

I just don’t want new members leaving therpf

… with all that said.. in my eyes there is at least 1/2 a inc in the OT…
Totally understand this. I tried to search for a thread surrounding the details of the ESB sabers, one sort of like the Ultimate ANH one, but couldn't find one that had what I was looking for. Is there a thread that covers ESB sabers in detail? The ones I found about ESB only really go over specific parts of it. Thank you for the reply even though it can be tiring to answer questions all day :)

Totally understand this. I tried to search for a thread surrounding the details of the ESB sabers, one sort of like the Ultimate ANH one, but couldn't find one that had what I was looking for. Is there a thread that covers ESB sabers in detail? The ones I found about ESB only really go over specific parts of it. Thank you for the reply even though it can be tiring to answer questions all day :)
The dang search box has been weird ever since the update, Tom has researched this and made some KILLER graflex and clamp card discoveries, he really goes overlooked for a lot of info we have today. he’s the guy you want to track down, my memory is crap this day and age

Thd9791, search his name in the member search and check out the threads he’s created, a lot of your questions will be answered with him.

Heck I just did this this morning for a thread Starkiller started lol

Good luck with your search, I’m serious when I say I spend countless hours reading through old posts, it can get addicting..

The flashes I have found in the wild, if used by a photographer, are often a mishmash of parts.

Can confirm. My one real Folmer, that I picked up at an estate sale, has INC pins and red button but a Folmer clamp, bottom, and glass eye. It came attached to a beat-up camera, so that's as authentic as you can get.

That's why I don't fuss much over those small details. It's impossible to say for sure what made it on screen and if the screen-used flashes came from an old box somewhere, it seems likely to me that they were also mish-mashes. But who knows.

Inc. flashes are quite common in USA, but are/were they common in UK (I mean before people started getting them from US ebay for lightsabers)?
Graflex became "Inc." in 1946 and around that time MPP was already a player in the UK market, so maybe not too many Graflex cameras were imported after the war.

I believe this thread has most of the detail on the ESB graflex props.

Lots of great references there and details such as the small screws on the grips during most of the production.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back