TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Found an ebay FS auction that has these 'soft' looking grips for sale ... most likely the ones being altered into ESB/TFA for expo purposes by the prop department either at Disney or Lucasfilm Ltd./ILM :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/T-tracks%20USA_zpsxy44vaxl.jpg[/URL]

So probably purchased just as some of the vintage flashguns for expo purposes only ... no need to be totally screen-accurate yet believeable enough for the crowds :)

Chaïm

I saw them too, but are these not the recently made Roman's? With the red backing tape? They are injection molded, very clearly visible from the injection point sink marks and the surface texture. The base seems longer than the rib with a little step. Vintage T-tracks are extruded profile, unlike these.

I know there used to be a vendor on ebay from Australia : TFX or such, that also sold these kind of injection molded T-strips ... alas I can't seem to find him at this moment ... I'm just curious to know the origin that current propmakers used for the on and off-screen G R A F L E X based lightsabers :wacko

Chaïm

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I just found out today (thanks to DARTH SABER's build and his PM to me) that ROMAN's replica has a longer bottom than a vintage. The difference is around 3mm.
A vintage bottom can also vary a little and measures around 92 to 93 (in my collection). This is measured from the bottom to the edge of the clamp in pulled out maximum length. Roman's measures 95mm.

So whatever version you are planning to build, you need to take this into consideration and re-calculate the length. My recommended lengths (as in my blueprints) are all based on a vintage bottom of 92mm.

So buying a kit from wannawanga, will longer T-tracks be available or? :unsure

The grips Chaïm posted are the 2.0 ANH grips. The nubs on the back are a tell. Those fit into the guide holes on the 2.0 bottom. Roman's are the exact same injection molded grips, minus the nubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the pic from pop culture quest of Mark holding the Empire Strikes Back Graflex on the set of Return of the Jedi?

Does anyone have the pic from pop culture quest of Mark holding the Empire Strikes Back Graflex on the set of Return of the Jedi?

I have only heard about this, but I would love to see it!!!

Here we go.

Thanks guys for sharing these, I saved them. Judging by luked poncho I'm guessing this was filmed during the Sand storm after they blew up jabbas sail barge?

Wow I really wonder what they are talking about in that photo, is this the moment Hamill tells them he should have a different lightsaber?

Would love to know what they are saying!!! Defiantly looks like it's the topic of the saber

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back