Terminator Kyle Reese's Plasma rifle (Valmet M82A). Anyone make a replica of it?

Sorry guys, I couldn't leave well enough alone...

The body, reciever, barrel and camera mounts will be resin. The camera-scope in the front will be resin as well but the box-body is going to be vacuum formed ABS...so we can stick a 3.5" screen in it and run a camera to the front part of the scope. We're working with Keystone Armory on this one so expect a SUPER detailed replica.
Castings and Vac-molds should take about 4 weeks till they're ready for production.
Again, sorry for the extra added feature of a real camera but....it wouldn't be a "Hero" if it didn't do what Reese's did in the movie....right?

No it wouldn't! Awesome job!

If I'm understanding this correctly, I would be very interested in a full kit.

I love this gun.

Will keep watch on this thread!

looking at the rifle in the movie, it looks more similar like a Steyr AUG. especially the but and the bull pup set up of the mag...

check out photos of Steyr's on the net and let me hear your opinion guys...

I think it a cross between an L85 and a Steyr Aug...

l85.jpg

steyraug-1.jpg

The body, reciever, barrel and camera mounts will be resin. The camera-scope in the front will be resin as well but the box-body is going to be vacuum formed ABS...so we can stick a 3.5" screen in it and run a camera to the front part of the scope. We're working with Keystone Armory on this one so expect a SUPER detailed replica.
Castings and Vac-molds should take about 4 weeks till they're ready for production.
Again, sorry for the extra added feature of a real camera but....it wouldn't be a "Hero" if it didn't do what Reese's did in the movie....right?

Huzzah! This is a dream prop for me...Fingers crossed this goes ahead! :eek

LS45.JPG

LS45cu.JPG

I've got this coming in about a week.

This item is an Imatronic Lasersight LS45 Laser Aiming System. It is in great condition with a few scratches here and there, but nothing serious. I believe a few screws may be missing from this set, also one of the O-Rings is not tight as it should be. This is a working sight, though it may need to be adjusted a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats awesome Oneye! I saw that and glad someone here got it. In a stroke of luck i found an updated replacement tube for mine and replaced it today. The Melles lasers are known to fail and this Seimens is supposed to last way longer. I know the tube weighs more than the old one so hopefully it's good to go.

DSC08559Medium.jpg

DSC08561Medium.jpg

The LS45 laser sight was used on the T2 Human Resistance "Muzzelite" rifles, not Kyles Valmet M82A. I think the rear part of the "scope" was a Pana-Vue 2 slide viewer, which is what I used on my Imatronic LS45.

OK guys, for those of you building the "Resistance" version rifle....here's a "Found" item your going to need...
1022kit.jpg

Goto eBay.
Search - "10/22 Ruger Bull-Pup"
They run from $99 with FREE S&H on up to $150 + S&H

I know, I'm awesome :lol

I am not awesome. So... the LS45 is the wrong item to make Kyle's weapon.

Damn.

10/22 Ruger Bull-Pup doesn't look at all like Reese's weapon, which is what I was hoping for. It really looks like Valmet M82A to me.

When you say "Resistance" are you talking TS? I'm talking just Kyle's weapon. I don't know what you mean. Pictures would help.

Your awesome because you quoted someone who stated what the gun is? It says right in the quote Muzzelite. Thats who make those "10-22 Ruger Bull Pup". But if you want the correct one you want to get the one made for the Ruger mini 30 not the 10-22.

Totally different weapon and not the subject of this thread.

I guess I should have been more specific and actually read the quoted post.:rolleyes Was looking threw the thread again for ref pictures (and please post more HD quality ones if anyone has them) of the T1 "Reese" rifle and saw the bunch of posts on the Laser site that was on that Ruger. I recognized the pictures (again not even reading the post) and just made a quick post. Oh well, not awesome :cry

Some news on the production: Found the correct Scope! We have one now and I'm going to be the one making the mold this week for it. yay me!

Hi All -I am a product designer,I designed the original LS45 in the 80's. I was responsible for the product look ,logo and packaging. we also engineered and sourced the original tooling. We carried out the recoil testing and developed the use of the Helium Neon Tubes from Melis Griot... Great fun . One of the first units was presented to Arnold Schwarzenegger on a nice shot gun... WE developed other units and eventually started to use different lasers and then Diodes. Great to see its still liked ...

Resurrecting this thread. Did this ever happen?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back