Teh STORMTROOPER strikes back

stunning build so far, tbh, I started reading thinking "why.... there are plenty of nice lids out there" but there is DEFFO room for at least one more! nice work!

Hi Archytekt,

Congratulations on a great build! I especially love the faceplate and mouth grills!

The piece is beautiful as is, but since you requested a fresh pair of eyes, I'm glad to point out a few things.

I've attached a couple photos up for comparison.

Like Toxx pointed out, the vocoder is a little thin, and could be widened. One detail about the tops of the vocoders is that they basically taper (depth-wise) and disappear right into the helmet.

Also, on the front "looking up the nose" shot, the bottom sides of the nodules are not so level, but angle up more (that may be a pepakura model issue which was corrected in the newer versions; my apologies for that).

Finally, the space between the ear discs and the sides of the ear seems too wide, the space is actually pretty narrow (I've included a shot of both ears, since one is so much higher than the other...)

Remember not to take all the sizes in my photo comparisons "too" literally, as the lens really distorts things... on the closeup "front" shot of my ANH bucket the nodules look more big in proportion than they actually are..

Hope this helps! Great job and excellent craftmanship!

Last edited:
got to love pepakura!

impressive work mate.

looks good i think i am going to make one of these next (maybe a clone trooper helmet).

YODA said:
Do or do not. There is no try. :cool

nice bucket, keep the updates coming!

stunning build so far, tbh, i started reading thinking "why.... There are plenty of nice lids out there" but there is deffo room for at least one more! Nice work!

congratulations on a great build!

Thank you all for the ego boost XD

I had some trouble with the "things" (I call it a nasty name I probably shouldn't say here), Spacecowboy I actually can't remember if it was wrong in the file i used. I do remember that there were some inaccuracies in that area that you corrected on your update.
Anyway, I know something was wrong in that area just couldn't see what.

Along with what you noted, also seems like all the line of the lower jaw, except the mouth, still needs attention:

About the ears, that are clouding my thoughts :confused , I'm unsure about them. At first I liked the more spherical shape they have and how they compose the rest. I'm now having second thoughts if I should go with the more original or not. I don't like the original screen ears, they kinda look like the bottom of a can of beer.

+++ for the "to do list"

Lately and after reading and checking out some photos of think I'm in need of some introspection. Where am I gonna take this? More screen accurate or more me. Think about this, I must. Herh herh herh.

YODA said:
Always in motion the future is.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back