Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (1990) Casey Jones.

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (1990) Casey Jones. 1st cast of MASK completed!

Thank you, Grimwood. I really appreciate that! This is my first time having sculpted and molded anything and although it didn't turn out as perfectly out of the mold that I would have liked I'm going to keep on going. I think I will eventually make a mold of this. I originally intended to make multiple casts but that fell apart when my mold ended up with mold on it. The good thing is that I didn't waste time casting multiples of an really inaccurate first sculpt. Once I'm finished with this I think I might make a mold and the cast several others. :) Thank you for your interest!

http://www.facebook.com/creativeguycostuming

A moldy mold? That's odd... :) At least you got one pull out of it!

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (1990) Casey Jones. 1st cast of MASK completed!

Well, I forgot about it and left it sitting on the clay sculpt after using it to make the first mask. Bad idea. Ack!

There are little moldy spots on my mold tooooooodaaaaaay. The mold is in the same old place as yesteeeerrrrrrdaaaaay!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Well, I forgot about it and left it sitting on the clay sculpt after using it to make the first mask. Bad idea. Ack!

There are little moldy spots on my mold tooooooodaaaaaay. The mold is in the same old place as yesteeeerrrrrrdaaaaay!

Well, you may have lost the mold, but you'll always have your rhymes!

Getting there... just need to work on the cheek and ridge on the left side and sand down some of the edge on the right side eye.

caseyjonesmirrormask copy.jpg

Finally an update.

As you know if you've read the topic from the start I bought a old golf bag with the hopes of repairing it if possible to use as Casey's golf bag. Unfortunately when I received it it was pretty much a waste except for some parts as the canvas from it was completely dried out and extremely brittle.

I took the entire bag apart and used it as a template for a new bag. The only parts I have used from the original bag are the two metal supporting poles that were inside and the original supporting ring that was once riveted into the base. I used that for the top, temporarily as it too is pretty brittle. I replaced the bottom supporting ring with a piece of pvc pipe. On the bag I purchased it only had two strips of leather up the sides and only two supporting rods inside. I believe the bag in the film actually has 3 or 4 but I could be wrong. Either way I am going to add to more rods for a better over all stable structure to the bag. Right now I just have the two. I'm going to fill in the holes on the rivets as well to make it more like the original ones that came with the bag.

I bought new canvas as well and faux leather for the leather detail pieces on the bag.

There isn't a lot of footage out there that clearly shows his bag so I'm going for something that looks close enough.

bagcg1.jpgbagcg2.jpgbagcg3.jpg

The mask has come a long way since I first pulled it out of the mold but I'm still working to make it look good.

Tell me what you think when you look at this comparison shot. The way the mask originally looked out of the mold is on the left, and the same mask, with a lot of sanding and filling and cutting away is on the right.
maskcompareba1.jpg

Pretty amazing difference as far as I'm concerned. :D

I still need to make accurate straps for the mask. The elastic band was just quickly tied to it for a quick try on.
For more pics and more costumes check out my page:

Last edited:
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (1990) Casey Jones. Updated 6/12/15

Nice work. The surface looks so smooth!

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: (1990) Casey Jones. Updated 6/12/15

Thanks! I want to get a better wig for it and more accurate straps, but for now I'm calling it finished. :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back