Ted Theodore Logan (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) Now with photos!

Re: Ted Theodore Logan (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)

dropshipbob: Station!!

VilleLeskinen: Already did :) Posted a photo of it in the first post :) Thanks though!

Heh, sorry! Must have read that bit A BIT too quickly. Just finished watching both movies because of this thread. Sure brought back a lot of memories :) Most outstanding work on the costume!

Excellent VilleLeskinen! I'm glad you watched the films again. Good stuff!

I just took a nice screencap of Ted's shoes from the side and can now say for sure that his shoes were straight laced. I laced my shoes again in that style, but now the laces are far too long. I'm going to be buying a shorter pair today, in white, and use sharpie to color them again. I know I could buy some, but they might not turn out the proper color and I just like making/working on my own stuff when I can for this costume anyway as much of it is just store bought items.

Update on the jacket. I wrote Wyld Stallyns on the right sleeve using screencaps I took to try to get it close to the real thing. I also purchased shoelaces that match the ones he has hanging from his jacket in the film.

Photo attached showing the writing on my jacket compared to the screencaps. Also photo showing the shoe lace hanging from his jacket though the button holes next to a photo of the laces I bought online. Still waiting for them to come in the mail.

The laces came today! My Ted jacket is finished, at least for now.It looks a little overly bright in these photos though. The laces I got are a bit smaller and not as wide as the ones he had on his jacket in the film, but the pattern is correct. I just need to find these in the right size. Anyone know the name of this particular pattern for laces? I know I know it but I can't think of what it's called.

I don't want to post full costume photos until it's all complete. Right now, besides the issue with the laces, I just need the watch and the socks and the wig trimmed more.

Using screencaps of Ted's socks from my DVD I managed to track down the closest thing I could find to his big puffy 80's socks with the red stripe. Ladies slouch socks. Yep. Those. I purchased white ones and dyed them gray. I'll be adding the red stripe with red fabric paint. The top of the sock will be folded/tried down just a bit to make the sock look correct on the starting edge. Photos coming soon when complete. Still need to buy shorter white shoe laces and dye them purple with a Sharpie marker and need to find the wide leather band wrist watch he has too.

Risu: Not too crazy about the colors I've found so far. The sharpie color is perfect. I did go to Hot Topic today but all they had was laces with stupid pictures on them.

Back to the socks....

Well, first attempt at making Teds socks was going fine. Dyed them gray. Success. Spraying them with aerosol fabric paint = fail. Shook the can well but the stuff ended up streaming out like ketchup. What the heck? Bogus!

So I just bought another pair of socks and a pump bottle of red fabric paint. Tested it on the old ruined sock and it worked great! Way more control with this bottle. Going to wait until tomorrow after work to dye the new ones and attempt to finish them this time.

Ted Theodore Logan socks = finished!

Step 1. Buy ladies slouch socks, because you can't find big puffy mens 80's socks many places these days that look like Teds. Step 2. Dye socks pearl gray with RIT dye. Step 3. Purchase Tulip Fabric Spray, (the pump kind!), Christmas Red. Step 4. Stretch socks over form and mask off areas you don't want painted red with tape, etc. Step 5. Lightly spray mist onto sock. Let dry, repeat until color is strong. Step 6. Remove tape/plastic used to mask off rest of sock and let item dry. Use hair dryer to increase drying time.

Result.... Most Triumphant!

Finally have a watch for Ted. Bought a cheap 5.00 watch ,snipped a good amount of its band off, then attached it to a large band I made from faux leather. I attached snaps onto the large band and attached the main time piece to it by using paper fasteners.

I also bought purple shoe laces.

Will post finished costume photos soon.

Thank you!

Here is my watch and a bit on how I made it. It's not 100% accurate but it works well and gets the point across. I wish I knew what exact watch he was wearing haha.

What you will need to make it:

One cheap watch.

Some black leather or vinyl.

Heavy Duty Snaps.

Paper Fasteners

Scissors.

I bought my watch at a local store near here. It was only $5.00.

I cut down the straps that were already attached to the watch and then punched holes into each of them. The paper fasteners will go through these holes to attach the watch to the large strap.

For the large strap/wrist band I got some black vinyl and glued the white fabric sides together, leaving only the black showing. I then punched holes for and attached the heavy duty snaps. I rounded off the ends of the large strap with scissors.

Then I punched holes for the paper fasteners to go though and attached the main watch face to the large strap.

My watch originally had a white watch face but Ted's watch has a black watch face. To fix this I found an image of a watch face online and took it into photoshop, removed the hands and scaled it to fit into my watch. I then printed it out and cut it to fit inside the watch, leaving a nice small slice through it to allow it to fit around the centerpiece of the watch hands.

Photos of my finished costume coming soon!!!!!! Photoshoot happening today if all goes as planned!

Your most excellent work is nonhanus thus far!
I must say i really liked these films when they came out and still do. I watch them occasionally with my daughters. Every year i went to Halloween Horror nights i caught the live show in Orlando. Always a good time.
Can't wait to see your costume all together!

Thanks dude! :D

Next I might tackle Teds outfit from Bogus Journey. Also thinking I might try to put a Bill costume together just to have one for someone to wear along with my Ted if they are up for it :) I'm having a lot of fun making this costume, a lot more than I have when it comes to costume making in a long time.

I have a lot of photos but I'm only posting a few for the moment. Here are some that were taken today :)

circlek.jpg

100_4159crop.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back