Team Fortress 2 Heavy Minigun Build (3D printed, IMAGE HEAVY)

UPDATE!

Costume is complete and is posted in the appropriate forum on "Replica Costumes".

Also, I started building the necessary transport crate for Sasha. I need to protect my work as I travel, so secure mounting inside the crate is a must.

That's a killer job, man!

Have you already had it on for an extended period of time yet? How does it feel with the belt attached? It carries pretty well?

That's a killer job, man!

Have you already had it on for an extended period of time yet? How does it feel with the belt attached? It carries pretty well?

I have not worn it for a long period yet, but the load-bearing belt is fitted just like an Alice backpack kidney pad... so I anticipate being able to carry Sasha for a long time.
The belt is heavily padded and fits snugly on my hips and the top of my butt, just like my proton pack (which I've worn for 10+ hours straight at conventions before).
I did also include an adjustable shoulder sling into the belt rig as a backup, in case the belt doesn't bear as much as it should, or if I want to shift weight between the belt and sling. :)
The belt and sling are hidden under my vest, so they are out of sight, and it looks like I'm holding Sasha... but I'm not really. :)

That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing some shots from con. Be sure to post em up once you get them.

(Also I'm about to start working on a lvl 1 sentry and engy costume. You've inspired me.)

That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing some shots from con. Be sure to post em up once you get them.

(Also I'm about to start working on a lvl 1 sentry and engy costume. You've inspired me.)

I'm glad you're inspired. A friend of mine is also putting together an Engie costume (with toolbox). I'll see if I get any good photos of us, and I'll put one or two up.

I placed 3rd in the Journeyman category of the Phoenix Comicon Masquerade (costume contest) this past weekend!
attachment.php

Photo by Lissa Carroll.

HERE'S A VIDEO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back