T800 project

First skull piece ready... I'll fire up the forge tomorow and give it a go, I have'nt done any melting in while and I'm keen see a cast part again....

As promised, a few pix of it straight out of the sand and a little test polish as a tease :lol I have to do quite a bit more clean up to do and work out the rest of the skull but this is looking like it's going to work :)

PS: I've started doing a simple part when I do a hard one, so if it stuffs up I done free like I've wasted my day :rolleyes so I did a battery cover as well

Part 2 FAIL....
Tryed to take a moulding shortcut so I already know were it went wrong :rolleyes but the patern peice worked well, I'll have another got at it tomorow... even though it did'nt work, the part still looks kind of cool so I may keep it for a base peice ??

OK... posible problem... I'v been working on the skull and I may need to add a seam the head to get the cast to work... I'm going to give it another try tomorow and see if I can do it in one piece, If not this is how I'll do it.... Thoughts ??? Tips ???

Impressive endeavor.

I especially like how you are showing the step by step process as you work through the project with the good and bad aspects.

Wow, that is quality. Do you have any info or specs on your forge/foundry? I'm looking to possibly make one of my own. I just did a Bronze cast in a class of mine yesterday and a smaller scale forge like that would be cool to have.

Thanks.

There quite a few site out there this is a good one I used for reference melting metal in a home foundry, backyard metalcasting, metal casting Mine uses air boosted LPG I made the burner head myself but you can buy off the self one's that work fine if you only want a small forge, the forge itself is an old 12kg gas bottle lined with a foundy refractory feel free to send me a PM if you need more info.....

Thanks for the info :thumbsup I'll do some research at that link.

This is a great piece you got going. I'm loving the WIP shots. Keep it up!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back