Sylgian's Sith Stalker (501st approved!)

Re: Sylgian's Sith Stalker Helmet (WIP)

Back again. Working on the inner helmet today. Lots of bondo. I am adding the ridges along the sides of the helm, and I made the little hole in the back panel.

In other news, I have some sintra on the way. I plan on using it for the cheek covers. And I ordered enough so that I'll have plenty to make a mandalorian helmet when this one is finished:)

scaled.php

IMG_20120316_221204.jpg

Lookin good
scaled.php

Last edited:

I've spent a lot of my weekend working on the inner helmet. Its been wonderful. It's not always the case that I have lots of time to commit to it.

Anyway. I have been doing bondo and sanding for hours. And I am proud to show you the inner helm all primered! There are some nicks I will need to fill in, but I am really excited to see it one color and finally looking like something.
IMG_20120318_180008.jpg

IMG_20120318_180120.jpg

IMG_20120318_180017.jpg

IMG_20120318_181013.jpg

IMG_20120318_180951.jpg

IMG_20120318_180932.jpg

I finished up the day mounting the outer shell to the inner helmet. It worked out pretty well. So far I have managed to keep everything completely modular. All the pieces can be easily separated if its ever necessary.

Holes drilled through the inner helm.
scaled.php

Glued the bosses onto the outer shell with epoxy
scaled.php

Mount with screws and washers
scaled.php

scaled.php

thats really ingenius, i am always impressed with everything done on this place it never ceses to amaze me

I did a little more work today. Most was spent on the breather on the front of the helmet. I finally have a mounting solution I like. I made a bracket out of scrap ABS. From that I mounted the breather with some magnets. I really like it. It makes a really satisfying click when you snap it in place and satisfies my silly need to keep it completely modular :) I have no idea why its so important to me, lol.

Also mounted to the bracket I made is a fan. It runs off of a 9V battery I will be mounting in the done of the helm where there is plenty of room at the peak.

Breather on
IMG_20120319_231146.jpg

Breather off
scaled.php

Some shots from inside
scaled.php

scaled.php

I also made my cheek cover patterns. I will be making these out of 2mm sintra which arrives tomorrow. Cant wait to get to work on those, but it will have to wait for a week while I am on vacation. See you after the break!
scaled.php

Last edited:

Well my sintra came in today and I just could not resist working on the helmet. I fabricated the cheek covers :). I must say, the sintra is AWESOME. It was soooo nice to fabricate something that didn't require bondo and sanding, lol.

Anyway. I got the cheek covers to fit really well, I am really happy with the contours. I also mounted them with more magnets. The helm snaps together like legos. HA.

I made a quick video, enjoy:
VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

And here are some pics
IMG_20120320_232754.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:

I am back from vacation. I am really excited to get back to work.. on the helmet anyhow. I spent last night painting and weathering. I need to add a clear coat to the freshly painted pieces, then add padding and mount the battery. Then we are pretty much done.

It is very close to being complete. Here are some pics.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Clear coating done, padding in, the fan is functional. It's 99% done.

First some pics, then i will explain the last 1%.

PLUSH INTERIOR
I painted it all black in there, basically because it was bright pink cardstock before. You will notice I fabricated a small box for the 9V to sit in. My head does not hit it, the slight peak of the helm gave me just enough room.
IMG_20120327_200913.jpg

final paint
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

And for the last 1% of the project. I will be mounting an old pair of my glasses in the helm These magnets were flush mounted for that purpose.
scaled.php

And just in case you missed it VIDEO #2 VIDEO #2 VIDEO #2 VIDEO #2 VIDEO #2 VIDEO #2

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back