Sylgian's Sith Stalker (501st approved!)

Re: Sylgian's Sith Stalker Helmet (WIP)

Well, no real progress on the helmet this week. But, I did get the shed, aka "laboratory" together. It will be serving as a base of operations for the rest of my projects. It's big enough for me, about 7' square. Ive got a light and a workbench going in this week along with my toolbox and such.

Now I wont have to cart my tool in and out of the house every time I work. Thinking about running a window mount AC unit on it! Would have to build a stand for it though, the rubbermaid walls wouldn't support it.
21938620321683668811324.jpg

Another pseudo-update. The shed is all outfitted and I can start helmet work again. Well... honestly, that'll probably be after the NHL playoffs are over. LOL.

22012320454778196091324.jpg

22074820454783796231324.jpg

Absolutely fantastic work(y)thumbsup. I just caught this thread for the first time and am blown away at your skill for a first project :confused... Like yourself i have been sucking up all the SW stuff i can in anticipation on The Old Republic. I have been wanting to do a Stalker for awhile and am very looking forward to trying your pep file.

Keep up the great work and cant wait to see the progess you make next, very inspirational.

p.s I might have to use your pep to make two helms, and see if i can convert one into the Hoth varient Lord Starkiller:eek... Sick man killer work

Thanks so much for the pep, your 3d to pep turned out incredible, fantastic work!

That look just about the right size for what I need... now to find a garden to put it in :lol

Great work on the multiparting of the helmet it's coming on a real treat and I'm really looking forward to seeing that hings system in action, any chance you could do a video of the helmet being put on and removed?

Great idea or the segmented helmet, very impressive indeed ,
and a good work space goes alone way

This is really nice, I'd love to know how it's going. I'd not thought of hinging a helmet like that.
I need to get myself a shed/workshop like yours and put a lock on it to stop people doing dump furniture in their like my last shed. Why do we need a sunbed anyway? we live in England!

Hello again!

Okay so my plan to resume work after the NHL playoffs was a bust. A bunch of other things kinda took precedence. Storm knocked over the fence... lightning fried my ethernet... and so on.

Anyways I am starting to get back on the job and have some menial progress to share.
I am back to the the bondo of the outer shell. I decided to work on the "brow" of the helmet. I previously rounded the opening, now, after some inspection of screenshots thought it better to have a hard angle to the upper "browline".

Much more bondo work to do. I have to refine the lower part of the visor slit as well, at present it is a little too wavy. I have yet to begin the real work on the inner shell as well. I have only hardened some of the inner portions that have some detail to them with Rondo.

Plenty to keep me busy in the near future.

Last edited:

That helmet is coming along nicely. I will be building this costume for a friend when I'm done working on these models. The model is as accurate as it gets since it comes from the source.
5924977700_eba0af0938_z.jpg

5924415723_726041d33e_z.jpg

Your patience payed off. It looks like it came strait out of the sith armor mold, I wouldn't go fusing it to your skin though.

Last edited:

And I'm back. I can rarely find the time or the motivation to get back to work on this thing! But, this Sunday the planets aligned and I was able to get out to the shed and spend a long afternoon working on the bondo. Its pretty relaxing in that little room, I gotta tell ya.

Anyway here are a few more pics of the day's progress. Slow and steady.

Still loads of work to do. Ill check-in again later!

That helmet is coming along nicely. I will be building this costume for a friend when I'm done working on these models. The model is as accurate as it gets since it comes from the source.
5924977700_eba0af0938_z.jpg

5924415723_726041d33e_z.jpg

That model is spot on, but I must warn you that the game designers really didn't expect it to ever be worn. You will find your average head is wider than what that model will fit. I am fairly certain you will have to stretch the width a good bit in order to get it to be wearable.

Best of luck though, It would be nice to have a more accurate PEP file for everyone. My version of it is far from optimal.

I am back at it after another short break. Slow and steady!

The outer shell has been smoothed and primed. I will add pics of the breather tomorrow, it has been smoothed and fully painted.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:

That's looking pretty good. Nice to see some more progress on this. Keep up the good work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back