SW:TESB darkside cave on Dagobah - what is going on?

"Future, past, old friends long gone"
"I saw a city in the clouds"
Luke tapped into his force premonitions by using his fear, he took his weapons because he was afraid something would happen. And Vader showed up because he took his weapons, his dark side opened up a peep and he saw what would happen, just like when he saw Han and Leia in pain. He saw more clearly with concentration, even if it wasn't full concentration, he saw what would happen. The cave was his fears appearing, but also force premonitions coming out subconsiously. He knew Vader was bad, he feared to become that way, but fearing is the start, which is why his face was in the mask, his bad vibes made him see what he would become of he didn't learn control. On the other hand (no pun intended) he subconsiously knew Vader was his father, searching his feelings (fear, etc.)

You would think Rinzler would have uncovered some evidence of the two sets and framing being similar if there were some tangible proof.

I did read the whole Making of ESB. And IIRC it´s a very well done journal of how things went down, how the shooting went and what actually happened during the production. But there are no comments on the design, i.e. what the concepts were, from colours to forms to shooting angles or focal lengths or lighting, except for the most obvious. But that is just my memory, the books unfortunately in storage atm. But the making of ROTJ stares at me. Duh.

And that kind of question is the reason why of all the panels that are held at conventions I really miss a QnA with the Art Department of the OT.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back