Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

Re: Supernatural Props.What Ya Got...

Hey guys! My amulet is finally done. It's just so darn cool, I can't stop playing around with it. I am still considering a limited run if I can get enough intrest. Head over the thread if you guys are interested in one.

6908670291_f4d057d7a6_b.jpg

[URL]http://www.therpf.com/f9/supernatural-amulet-interest-thread-139962/#post2143086[/url]

Looks great man. Do you plan on tweaking it at all? The neck looks too long and the ears look way too big and I think the ridge on the back looks too square. The headdress looks a little off too. Other than that it looks really good.

Comedian03, trust me it's all good. I've spent months getting this thing right in every aspect. It doesn't look nearly half as good in the photos as it really is in hand. If you're comparing the amulet's dimensions to Oz's amulet, don't. It's a nice piece but it's not accurate in any means. The ridge along the back of the amulet is a squared off tear drop shape, as on the original amulet. I'll take some better shots later today.

Comedian03, trust me it's all good. I've spent months getting this thing right in every aspect. It doesn't look nearly half as good in the photos as it really is in hand. If you're comparing the amulet's dimensions to Oz's amulet, don't. It's a nice piece but it's not accurate in any means. The ridge along the back of the amulet is a squared off tear drop shape, as on the original amulet. I'll take some better shots later today.

No I'm not comparing it to anyone's replica, I'm just comparing it to what I've seen on screen. Is there a chance you can post some of your reference photos you've used? I've never seen one that shows the back ridge being squared off. I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that, it looks great and you've done some awesome work, I just don't think it's screen accurate is all, but that's just my opinion.

I know somone who owns a screen used piece and it's pretty spot on...only thing I see that's slightly off is the thickness of the horns. Aside from that....pretty nice.

Last edited:

I wasn't being overly deffensive, nor was I trying to bash Oz's amulet like I said it's a very nice piece. If I didn't have OCD or hadn't already invested prior to Oz's project, I'd have personally bought an amulet from Oz too. I just don't feel it is accurate enough for my own taste. Ky is right, the horns came out alot thinner than expected. Sorry dude, I couldn't help myself after months of staring at blury pixels. Head over to the INT thread in the Junkyard thread, I have posted a picture of the actual Screen Used amulet I used for reference, it's easier to show than tell.

Last edited:

I wasn't being overly deffensive, nor was I trying to bash Oz's amulet like I said it's a very nice piece. If I didn't have OCD or hadn't already invested prior to Oz's project, I'd have personally bought an amulet from Oz too. I just don't feel it is accurate enough for my own taste. Ky is right, the horns came out alot thinner than expected. Sorry dude, I couldn't help myself after months of staring at blury pixels. Head over to the INT thread in the Junkyard thread, I have posted a picture of the actual Screen Used amulet I used for reference, it's easier to show than tell.

Yeah I saw the different photos you posted over on FJ.com and it looks a lot better in those pics. I still think the neck looks a tad too long but otherwise it looks really good.

I'm so excited to finally have something to post in this thread! My first prop replica from Supernatural, the Angel Blade! This thing is beautiful, I love it. Thanks Oz!

Attachments

• Angel Blade2.jpg
    Angel Blade2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,949

lol, I'm not even 100% sure, but I think it was a black primer base, airbrushed chrome and then clear coat.

Man I cannot wait to own a Ruby's Knife.... but this thread just has me in absolute awe of everyone's prop trunks, holy crap!!!

I don't know how practical half this stuff is to collect for a female fan in Australia... but bloody hell am I going to try :p

I have shipped Ruby Daggers to Australia :)

Haven't tried shotgun shells yet though... That's probably a big no no, but listing up something as "UNSHARPENED PROP KNIFE" has made it through a few times :)

Chris

Just got my size Small M Julian today and man, is this thing ever amazing! lol
I'm so glad I finally took the dive and bought one of these, it's been a long time coming that's for sure.

Right now they are around a size 12.

Gotta get the gem reworked for famine though. That's a stainless steel print, and a black sculpey gemstone. Came out looking pretty amazing though.

Hoping to have the reworked gem, last tweak to death, and first test print for pestilence on order in a few weeks.

Once I get them in, make sure they all look good, I can open up the shop on shapeways and ponoko and get em out into the wild :)

Chris

Cross post from the JY thread on the Death ring, but I just wanted to share.

vVDU1.jpg

Turns out the stainless steel prints polish up NICELY with a bench grinder, some polishing compound, and about 20 mins of finger blackening work.

The famine ring without the stone was the one I worked on the most, then the death ring, then the famine ring with the stone. Made it look nice and silvery, and surprised the hell outta me.

Gonna see if I can polish up the death ring, and lob the other famine up on ebay later this week.

Chris

Hey RPF, new to prop building, but long time airsofter. Been watching Supernatural here and there since the pilot, but only been seriously following it lately. I've been looking for a new airsoft project and Dean's 1911 came to mind, so I started researching. Let me just say, this thread was friggin ridiculously hard to find along with screenshots of Dean's 1911. This thread amazed at some of the stuff you guys can make and find. I never expected to see three '67 impalas in one picture, but there it is lol.

I have all the parts and methods in mind to start the 1911, but one thing just bothered me. I could never figure out the main spring housing or the back of the grip for it. The standard government model uses a large hump, while more modern versions uses more of a flat surface. All the replicas on this thread use the government housing, but I could never find a shot where it's clear other then 'Skin' in Season 1, though it's still not clear to me.

Anyways, I'm glad to have found this community and looking to pick up a leather jacket soon. Hopefully, I'll make it to a convention one of these days.

SUP1-1911-1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back