Supernatural EMF detector

Sweeeet! Thanks so much! This will be a winter break project for me and my wife to put together.

And the sound--the sound is right too!

A truly awesome build! And it is very wonderful to see you share all your information.

Do you have any insight on how the code might need to be changed when using the screen accurate Draper Multimeter?

draper1_zpsecc90b51.jpg

No code change needed. I have a potentiometer in series with the meter controlled by the arduino chip. Use that potentiometer to tune any meter that runs on less than 5 volts.

That is absolutely stunning. I'm guessing you're not up for making a run or taking commissions anytime soon... what with all the work and such that goes into them. Thanks for all the hard work and lists etc you put together! If you ever decide to work out the cost and think of putting on a run please let us know! I'm sure it'll be a winner :) Nice job again!

Hi... I don't know if this thread is still looked at much but I've recently acquired this EMF detector for about £50 and wanted to know if anyone here recognised it. Has anyone owned it or is the maker known? It obviously has a few errors but I'm not bothered about that much as it's quite cool as is. What I would like to know is if there is anyway to have it so I can have perhaps a wheel or slider to manually play with the bulbs so they light up and down as it screams. At the moment I need to use a screwdriver to adjust a dial on the back to however many bulbs I want to light up. The sound is one sound and just screams as if it has detected ghosts. Anyway. Do let me know!

Thanks. Simon.

IMG_7754.JPG

Last edited:
Hi... I don't know if this thread is still looked at much but I've recently acquired this EMF detector for about £50 and wanted to know if anyone here recognised it. Has anyone owned it or is the maker known? It obviously has a few errors but I'm not bothered about that much as it's quite cool as is. What I would like to know is if there is anyway to have it so I can have perhaps a wheel or slider to manually play with the bulbs so they light up and down as it screams. At the moment I need to use a screwdriver to adjust a dial on the back to however many bulbs I want to light up. The sound is one sound and just screams as if it has detected ghosts. Anyway. Do let me know!

Thanks. Simon.

View attachment 577107

Not mine either but it looks cool. :)

Hi

All new to this wonderful forum. Have looked many times but just registered now. I was wondering if anyone still makes these emf detectors? I really need one in my life and I have looked so many times at the building instructions but I'm affraid my skills are not good enough. So if anyone knows of anyone making and selling these please let me know. Thanks :)

I assure you, the only skills needed for this project is research and soldering. Basic soldering is easy, check youtube for learn how to solder vids. Solder iron costs $5 at your local hardware store.

I don't sell full kits, but it you need direction finding any parts I can help.

The meter gauge label in the picture of Aposstle's meter is clearly thatdecade's, but most of the other parts are unfamiliar to me.

I've been trying to put together a list of parts that are used on the show's meter prop at the link below, in case anyone's interested:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3e7PecRqyPxTF9XV2N6TWo2dTA&usp=sharing

These are just notes right now, nothing very coherent. This isn't a build sheet like thatdecade's spreadsheet, but people who want a build close enough that you may have OCD can customize the build with parts from it.

If you're not able to solder, you can always buy junk and try soldering/desoldering parts. Something of greater concern should be putting the parts in the wrong way, then trying to desolder and resolder them without damaging the circuit board.

I have to thank you leftbrainstrain for all the work you did.. those documents are amazing. I mixed those with westaby's board and came up with this... maybe not 100% perfect but I am happy with it:DSCN0629.jpgDSCN0622.jpgDSCN0624.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back