Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Yep but it looks like the wrong size. Made that mistake once already. The screen correct cooler looks smaller with a bigger diamond emblem. Wasn't sure if it was camera angles or what? If you know the value and are only asking that much for it I can assume it's not correct.

Yep but it looks like the wrong size. Made that mistake once already. The screen correct cooler looks smaller with a bigger diamond emblem. Wasn't sure if it was camera angles or what? If you know the value and are only asking that much for it I can assume it's not correct.

That cooler linked on eBay is the wrong size (too big).

The diamond is the same size. It only looks smaller on that cooler because the cooler itself is larger.

I made a post somewhere comparing the two, and how to tell which is correct if you don't have dimensions. I'll see if I can find it.

That cooler linked on eBay is the wrong size (too big).

The diamond is the same size. It only looks smaller on that cooler because the cooler itself is larger.

I made a post somewhere comparing the two, and how to tell which is correct if you don't have dimensions. I'll see if I can find it.

Turns out the Coleman Cooler comparison post I did has been deleted along with the entire thread it was in (on another forum).

After work tomorrow, I'll gather all the images and re-write it all out - then I'll post it in the Supernatural Props. What Ya Got? thread (since it is a show specific prop of sorts, and not Impala specific). I'll drop the link in here though, just to be sure you all catch it.

Turns out the Coleman Cooler comparison post I did has been deleted along with the entire thread it was in (on another forum).

After work tomorrow, I'll gather all the images and re-write it all out - then I'll post it in the Supernatural Props. What Ya Got? thread (since it is a show specific prop of sorts, and not Impala specific). I'll drop the link in here though, just to be sure you all catch it.
Thanks Russ this is why I love this forum....

While you are dropping off sweet screen caps Russ, you have any of the engine bay? In quick glimpses I've noticed a Holly 4 barrel carb, and the for mentioned valve covers. A nice high res engine bay shot would be awesome if someone has one laying around :)

I've just started my annual Hellatus re-watch of the show.

If a scene pops up with a decent shot of the engine bay, I'll let you know. From memory, even with the hood up, the show rarely focused on what was under the hood.

While you are dropping off sweet screen caps Russ, you have any of the engine bay? In quick glimpses I've noticed a Holly 4 barrel carb, and the for mentioned valve covers. A nice high res engine bay shot would be awesome if someone has one laying around :)

I do not have high res shots of the cars engine bay but I do have a finished screen accurate impalas engine bay... I have a good buddy who has built a scree used one and know what parts they use. email him and he can help you out. projectthx138@hotmail.com

Lee, Probably not the best, but it's the only one I have. I'll see if I have any others. The picture shows more than you realize. You can see that it is a Holley carb, the type of valve covers, the distributor type and intake manifold.

DSC06054.JPG.

This photo posted above is of the stunt car (non A/C car) which is equipped with the Holley Carb, Edelbrock performer intake, Cal Custom 9 finned valve covers and Mallory Dist. Now I prefer this version of the car which is the Hero Car................................

SPN_0714.jpg

Got quiet in here. I miss seeing all the impala restores.
Not much of a progress on my side, its been in the shop for about 3 months, and is at the exhaust shop now. Hopefully its all ready to drive in a week or so. Then it will sit and drive for a good chunk of time while I save money to start on body and paint. Then a hiatus again waiting on funds for the interior. This is a long process for someone who doesn't have 10k laying around. trust me I would be pouring money into it if I could lol.

Got quiet in here. I miss seeing all the impala restores.

Like scornell1 said its a waiting game to raise funds but here is my baby :). My crankshaft pulley broke, now im waiting for the part to come in. I currently have no power steering :(. I'm also on the hunt for the passenger door trim.

photo 3.0.JPGphoto 4.0.JPG

I'm in the same situation. Have my headliner in and should be installed either this month or next. Saving to get it painted before I do to much. Scornell1 you could go across country to Charlotte Auto Show in September. Have parts for everything there at better prices than most places because it's so big. Suppose to be 6500 vendors there in fall, had around 10,000 in the spring. I plan on going to see if I can find a hard to find treasure there.

I'm in the same situation. Have my headliner in and should be installed either this month or next. Saving to get it painted before I do to much. Scornell1 you could go across country to Charlotte Auto Show in September. Have parts for everything there at better prices than most places because it's so big. Suppose to be 6500 vendors there in fall, had around 10,000 in the spring. I plan on going to see if I can find a hard to find treasure there.
As far as parts go I really only need the dash trim pieces, and possibly exterior side trim if the ones I have are too beat up. Other than that i'm set.

So projectthx138 what all is the Hero car rocking in that picture? Looks like a bunch of easier to get stuff fresh from summit, specially with the valve covers being the run of the mill polished chrome ones. I'm kind of on the fence between those and the cal 9 fins. The only down side is the 9 fins get pricey.

Next silly question, the polished chrome trim that goes along the edges of a sports sedan head liner will it work in a regular sedan? I'm not sure how different the measurements are, but it seems like they would be close.

As far as my project it's all a money waiting game. Mine runs and drives just fine. I have a friend that restores classic cars for a living willing to do the paint at cost. I just need to rebuild the front end, order parts. To save money on OEM black covers turns out a buddy of mine's dad owns an upholstery shop and is willing to do that for a really good price, least to say a fraction of what the covers cost from Impala Bob's. So essentially I need to save about 3 grand to get the ball moving so everything happens at once. Till then I've just been cranking her and driving her around the block since the whole front end isn't happy about going far.

Again sorry I'm not sports sedan cool, but a one owner sedan will do. ;)

So projectthx138 what all is the Hero car rocking in that picture? Looks like a bunch of easier to get stuff fresh from summit, specially with the valve covers being the run of the mill polished chrome ones. I'm kind of on the fence between those and the cal 9 fins. The only down side is the 9 fins get pricey.

Next silly question, the polished chrome trim that goes along the edges of a sports sedan head liner will it work in a regular sedan? I'm not sure how different the measurements are, but it seems like they would be close.

As far as my project it's all a money waiting game. Mine runs and drives just fine. I have a friend that restores classic cars for a living willing to do the paint at cost. I just need to rebuild the front end, order parts. To save money on OEM black covers turns out a buddy of mine's dad owns an upholstery shop and is willing to do that for a really good price, least to say a fraction of what the covers cost from Impala Bob's. So essentially I need to save about 3 grand to get the ball moving so everything happens at once. Till then I've just been cranking her and driving her around the block since the whole front end isn't happy about going far.

Again sorry I'm not sports sedan cool, but a one owner sedan will do. ;)

Hey LeePeyton, at least you have a 67 and that's a lot more than some people have...................... ;) OK, let me see if I can answer your questions here about the Hero car seen in the photo. First off the engine is a 327. The Intake is the Edelbrock Preformer with a Holley Carb sitting on it. The air cleaner and valve covers are just your run of the mill chromed pieces. The engine has Summit racing headers (black) on it. the car also has a CPP master cylinder and power booster on it as the car has front disc brakes. What can not be seen in this photo is the Mallory 8548201C Distributor. The engine also has red plug wires on it. Everything I just mentioned can be bought on Ebay...... :coolNow that that's been said I would not run the Mallory Distributor if you like driving your car as it is one BIG PIECE OF CRAP............. :devil Also I'm not a fan of Holley Carbs but to each there own. Last thing I would not get the black painted headers as the paint burns off REALLY FAST and the headers start getting rusty. I prefer the same headers in the ceramic coated version as they always look nice and they will last a very ong time................... :)

Hope this helped you out
Rick aka projectthx138

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back