Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

While doing insane amounts of research some how I stumbled across this thread. I just bought a 1967 Impala 4 door. The thing that makes me a little sad is that it has pillars. So that will forever hold it back from being a replica car. Given the insane condition I acquired it in, I'm not going to hack it up. The car belonged to the same lady that drove it around town from 1970 till three months ago. She only had it worked on at the Chevy dealer. It has 46,000 original miles. Everything on the car down to factory stickers are original and still there. The only thing that's about to not be factory is the front end. The whole front end is shot, all the tie rods, ball joints and bushings need to be replaced as well as the wheel bearings. Other than that the car is tip top with proper oil changes since 1970 and all maintenance done at the dealer. The car is so mint and was such a good deal I don't mind that it has pillars. This isn't my first project car or first rodeo. So if you guys have any mechanical questions I'll try to help the best I can. My last project car was a MR2 turbo second gen, I loved it a lot but it started turning into a money pit. By some act of fate right after I sold it I found this bad baby. This car isn't going to be another project car, it's going to be the project car. Now that all this is out of the way, now for some pictures :D

imp.jpgimp1.jpgimp3.jpgimp4.jpgimp5.jpgimp6.jpg

Yes that is the factory 327 sticker on the air breather housing, as well as the stock Fridgidair compressor still full of R-12.

Even though she is super clean I'm still getting her painted black and doing as much Metallicar stuff to her I can. As I go through things I'll try and make tutorials for the people that may need them. I'm kind of surprised this model car doesn't have it's own message board for hard to find parts and other people doing this conversion. Luckily as far as parts their are awesome sites like Impala Bob's. It also helps a lot of the parts were used on lots of cars for a long time. All new stuff to me, I'm so used to digging up import parts for a car imported to America for two years lol

Quick question, the sports grip steering wheel cover looks black but I just wanted to make sure that was the color before I bought one. I know how blue can be rather dark at times. So the wheel cover black or dark blue? Thanks :)

Last edited:
I have hit a pretty solid wall at the moment with getting my conversion started. I can't go get her lol. The guy that was going to help backed out at the last minute. So we had to delay the meet and trade. So on here hoping for a huge help. Either some numbers of trusting transporters or even possibly someone close that would like to make a fun trip out of helping a fellow SPN fan. I'm in Princeton,Wv and need my 73 satellite sport transported to Mt.Vernon Illinois to trade so I can get faith home safe and sound finally. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and what suggestions you may come up with. Something that won't cost an arm leg and two testicles would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have hit a pretty solid wall at the moment with getting my conversion started. I can't go get her lol. The guy that was going to help backed out at the last minute. So we had to delay the meet and trade. So on here hoping for a huge help. Either some numbers of trusting transporters or even possibly someone close that would like to make a fun trip out of helping a fellow SPN fan. I'm in Princeton,Wv and need my 73 satellite sport transported to Mt.Vernon Illinois to trade so I can get faith home safe and sound finally. Any ideas? Thanks for your time and what suggestions you may come up with. Something that won't cost an arm leg and two testicles would be great.

What about UHAUL? I don't know about in the states but here some of the UHAUL places have car dolleys and flatbeds you can rent, so then all you'd need is a truck.

I used Uship, they put your bid out there for companies or local that are heading that way anyway and need the extra cash leaving your area. Try it out.

Uhaul charges 49 cent a mile and where I have to go is 1000 plus. As for uship the last time I tried them they gave an insane bid. :( not looking good

Last edited:
If you have a friend with a truck picking up a car dolly on Craigslist for a few hundred bucks might be the ticket. If the car you are trading for runs, you could ship yours one way and drive the other home. Making some car friends might be the most advantageous thing for you, after all we understand and help one another with our addictions. A 67 Impala won't fit on most flat beds. Any way you cut this, this is going to be a hell of an endeavor. I would see how bad the guy wants your car and to trade or look for one locally. I know around here you can usually find a car dolly with crap tires for a couple hundred bucks that would make the trip. How ever getting one new would be super expensive. Good luck pal.

Looking at my VIN this morning I found out my Impala was made in Janesfield WI :D She may not be a sport sedan but she has the right soul. Any one know the pedal covers used in the show? Everything else I have pretty much lined up, I was just curious what kind of pedal covers were on the show. Thanks in advance :)

Looking at a map here are some car dollys close that aren't a bad deal.

Knoxville $300
Car dolly for sale

Car dolly 300.00 O.B.O.

I looked for some closer but they run about 500 bucks, might be worth the 3 hour trip if it's cheaper than 200 bucks. Other wise buy one locally. After you are done with all the shuffling about I'm sure you could drop the dolly off for what you paid for it or more.

Hope any of this helps.

Here's one for 275 in south WV

car dolly

Thanks for the input and links. I was just going to rent a car transport from Uhaul. But I don't have a truck that would make that kinda haul.

Thanks for the input and links. I was just going to rent a car transport from Uhaul. But I don't have a truck that would make that kinda haul.

You can rent a pickup truck and car hauler by the day from U-haul. Way cheaper! You won't get that per mile charge that way. The more days you rent, the more miles you'll get included in the rental. Budget is the cheapest, but they only have larger trucks. I used U-haul to haul a car back from Nebraska. You can also try enterprise commercial. They rent trucks by the day too. Not sure about the miles per day.

Is this car located in Mt. Vernon, IL. ? I ask because I looked at one in Lerna Il. and the car was a bondo bucket. It looked good in the photos until I got there and saw the car in person. I assume you've looked at this car in person?

Here's the one I saw in Lerna. Looks good in the photo, but its got more plastic in it than the Greenlight Supernatural Impala toy!

1967 impala in Lerna illinois.JPG

Haha actually Wilson it's coming from Kansas. The guy Is meeting me halfway. Although I haven't seen the car in person I have many pics of it and I know the condition it's in very well. As for by the day they usually only allow that locally but I was told a small trick to that someone told me. So I might go that route. But loved the more plastic comment.

Last edited:
Haha actually Wilson it's coming from Kansas. The guy Is meeting me halfway. Although I haven't seen the car in person I have many pics of it and I know the condition it's in very well. As for by the day they usually only allow that locally but I was told a small trick to that someone told me. So I might go that route. But loved the more plastic comment.

When I rented the stuff from U-haul I told them that I was going out of state and they didn't bat an eye over it.

Car"s coming form Kansas! That's really cool. Maybe she was made at the Janesville Wi. plant.

Yes, I thought the plastic comment was funny too when I wrote it.

Good luck with getting the Impala!

It's actually a Caprice :( but the guy I'm getting Faith from has came up with a lot of parts to help convert. I have some pics of her on here. That I posted a while ago and thanks man

It's actually a Caprice :( but the guy I'm getting Faith from has came up with a lot of parts to help convert. I have some pics of her on here. That I posted a while ago and thanks man

Don't sweat it Crash. I think a lot of the cars that are being converted on this site were Caprices, but not all. I was lucky enough to get a Impala, but the motor had been blown on it and someone dumped a 400 small block in it :( On the bright side she had AC, bumper guards, all the trim intact, and mint interior. The down side, the body was a rusted hulk. So I hunted around and found another one with a great body, no motor, and totally trashed interior. Like two jig saw pieces that fit together perfectly. It makes me feel good to know that I'm pulling a four door hard top from the jaws of the junk yard.

I will be dropping a 327 motor back in her and it won't be stock either.

67 impala omaha 3.jpg

Lee,

I was initially worried when I bought my 67 BelAir that I would be upset I couldn't make a replica car. However, since I've had it, I've come to the easy conclusion that these 67s are just great cars, post or no post. I'm looking forward to following your progress and hopefully learning from you. I bought mine with no real mechanical knowledge of cars, but a great willingness to learn along the way.

Greg

Not sweating it being converted... Technically the Caprice was the more luxurious edition for the impala. She's not even here yet and I still love her :) jghanks I'm a lot like you I have dabbled in cars for a while but to build one from ground up is exciting. Rudy awesome car. My Caprice originally had a 396 in her but I want to put a cammed 327 with a 400 turbo so I know how ya feel. I never really liked the 400's. So far Uhaul is my ticket to getting her here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back