Suggestions for "Full Figure" Women

I never saw "Bridget Jones' Diary," so I don't know how big you're talking about, but I got some great reactions to my Ma Hunkel costume. It kind of calls for a "matronly" figure, so it's up to you to decide if your wife would be ok with that.

Bizarro Lois, that Ma Hunkel is freakin' awesome.

We have already been told "Renee from Bridget Jones's Diary" ? Not fashionably thin does not automatically mean actual plus sized (plus sized models are generally on the smaller than average size which really does mess things up!)

So for sci-fi fantasy:
I agree with the suggestion for Dawn. She is perfect for any woman so long as she picks an iteration she is comfortable with. I love her Battle outfit for instance as it accentuates the curves but doesn't leave you feeling exposed.
It plays up strength and femininity, and can be sexy too depending on how you portray her.

Bariss is great and Shaak Ti was a tall model but her costume does allow for being able to hide in folds of fabric. It's why I'm making a movie version to go along with my Force Unleashed (this latter is a great costume for a woman who is on the more muscular side of the wide spectrum of female forms- full body paint also works great for illusion but is can be terrifying to contemplate!)

Poison Ivy would be brilliant, especially if built on a good foundation.

Historical:
Saxon court gowns a la Cranach. The prettiest prettiest [rincess type dresses ever. Truly. They look amazing on curvy bodies, so a ful bust with little waist is ideal.
Now set aside the aesthetic styling and look at the shapes:
- File:1516 Emilia.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
File:Cranach the Elder Girl with forget-me-nots.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
File:Judith mit dem Haupt des Holofernes.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
File:Lucas Cranach d. Ä. 026.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
Natural form and both bustle eras are also ideal (any other era also but these really really flatter a curvier rather than leaner body type- at least to the modern eye ;).)

Another would be Christina Hendrick's character in Mad Men. The hot pink dress would probably be most recognisable.

Otherwise as someone else said: anything she wants as she is most certainly not in the overweight category.

The right fabrics and fit also really help with confidence- my Catwoman and Mara Jade suits are made from MJ Trends PVC. They act a bit like full body corsets and give a good 2" butt lift. I feel very comfortable in them. Not so comfortable in softer stretchier lycra bodysuits as they don't give the same support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another would be Christina Hendricks's character in Mad Men. The hot pink dress would probably be most recognisable.

Holy $#!+ yes. If your wife looks like this, then yeah, she could do Joan Holloway and all the men in her vicinity will pass out from sudden blood loss to the head.

I would love to get her into the Lulu costume though. :love Then I can get a Auron suit!:lol

Why don't you go with this idea ???

1- It seems like it's more her thing - you'll get bonus point for that :)
2- She's going to look great in this outfit
3- You'll have an excuse to do a Badass costume (Auron)
4- Both of these costumes are fairly easy and can be done quite quickly (depending if you need this done for a upcoming con)

This is exactly what I did to get my wife into costuming... already had the Auron, just needed a Lulu and she liked it very much. :)

And if you go with Lulu, make sure to post in-progress pics. My husband would love to see me in this. I'm actually thinking of trying it after I drop a few sizes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back