StarWarsHelmets RS Prop Masters ANH/ESB Stormtrooper Helmet and Armour Review

I think you guys are confusing yourselves.RS paints their green HDPE/Poly helmets white if you can still get one. They don't paint their ABS/PVC helmets apart from their detailing as the helmets are already white. Hero helmets in ANH are non painted white ABS. Just like RS'S normal stunt helmets. All Armor in ANH was mainly 1.5mm ABS apart from some parts being thinner.

Ben

I'm surprised RS don't paint their stunts white at all, I guess it saves them a whole lot of time.
I think the stunts look better painted, whether they are ABS, PVC or HDPE beneath. It makes them closer to the real thing appearance wise, and it kind of feels right as well.

I'm surprised RS don't paint their stunts white at all, I guess it saves them a whole lot of time.
I think the stunts look better painted, whether they are ABS, PVC or HDPE beneath. It makes them closer to the real thing appearance wise, and it kind of feels right as well.

Oh I agree. I'd paint them no matter what but I'm a purist and most want them a bit sanitized and prefer the gloss or semi gloss white plastic look. I have a ABS painted and a HDPE painted plus and ABS set of armor. :)

Ben

My ABS helmet arrived today. Photos really can't do this thing justice. You just have to hold one these in your hands to really appreciate the wonky warped character of the RS helmets. It looks like I just plucked it off a Stormtroopers head during the movie. Can't wait to get my hands on an HDPE version, and getting a good Vader helmet. :)

001.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back