Stargate: Atlantis Tablet PC - Motion Computing M1400

i bought one of the pocket pc you are talking about for 5.oo but no cables or power supply have been trying to find them but noone seems to kow where to get them

UPDATE:

The model is done and I will have access to a 3D printer soon. I also have in hand screen used crystals that I have been fixing the dimensions off of.

Lol - i've got at least three Ipaq 5550s and a Sony Vaio UX sitting in my desk drawer. Never considered using them as Atlantis props till now...........

Alright, hoping it is the right prop, found some good info on it. I would only be able to make the case for this, but you can still buy the original PDA for this. The one used is a HP iPAQ Pocket PC H5550 H5555 Win 2003 400 MHz.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzAwWDMwM...sJJyL-BRb9yOlH7!~~60_35.JPG?set_id=8800004005

Here are some pics of the ACTUAL prop from both sides :D The outer shell will be in 2 halves, the front will be painted plastic, maybe vac formed? The back piece will be cut metal and probably have some way to secure them in a way that is easy to remove and put in the PDA. As far as the software for the device itself, we will have to find it. If we can find a good supply of the devices, I could perhaps do a run of them. This will be a fair bit more work than the crystal adapter though, but I will try to keep costs down.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i...tuff/iPod Life Signs Detector/Propworx212.jpg

ronime,

If your going to jack my pics, my prop and MY hand at least give me credit for it... LOL

The metal bracket was not always used and replaced the back panel. We are working on these already and hope to have the (LSD) Life Signs Detector out end this year. Will be available in static prop and fully functional WITH software. The correct model is the H5550. Biggest issue with these you let the battery die it factor resets and they can be hard to WAKE Up once they do but there are some tricks we will be giving each owner cheat sheet on how to get it up and running again! Data is not lost just all settings and anything you do software wise! Best to keep it charged all the time!

Hey, I have the tablet with the case AND 5GB of production used screens from the show, including the rotating pegasus icon and the wraith virus program.

Hey guys,
Trying to revive this threat as I am looking for a tablet as well. I posted this a couple days ago but now replies yet. Maybe one of you guys can help me out here?
This is my original post:

Hey,
Since most existing SGA threads are pretty old I figured I would make a new thread to ask about the tablets used on Atlantis.
I found an older topic dealing with it saying that all tablets, especially that of McKay are Motion Computing M1400s.
However, I also read somewhere else that they have used the Motion Computing LE1600 Model.
Now, from the pictures and screenshots it is really hard to tell which of those models was used and they look pretty similar.
When considering the current price ranges M1400s seem to go for around 89-120,- and LE1600s are around 60-80 I believe.
Maybe they used both models in the show? I really wanna get this right since it would be a pain buying a crapy, old and slow tablet that isn't even the right one in the end :p
Another thing I noticed is that a lot of the LE1600s come with the carrying cases that are seen a lot as well. Yet the common opinion seems to be that all tablets are M1400s.
Any help is greatly appreciated here.
Thanks in advance!
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
They're definitely the M1400s. Some of the later units may have been LE1600s, but McKay's and Elizabeth's were consistently M1400s. I have one myself and am able to confirm that it's what he used. I also believe IIRC that even Sam used one when she got stuck in the transporter with Zelenka in a much later episode (and in which he damn near killed her because he ignored her).

They're definitely the M1400s. Some of the later units may have been LE1600s, but McKay's and Elizabeth's were consistently M1400s. I have one myself and am able to confirm that it's what he used. I also believe IIRC that even Sam used one when she got stuck in the transporter with Zelenka in a much later episode (and in which he damn near killed her because he ignored her).

Thank you SO much! looks like I will have to get the M1400 then :)

As ncc74656m said they were definitely predominantly M1400s (although some earlier episodes also used M1300s) and you can normally pick them up quite easily on eBay especially in the States, although because of their age they are getting rarer. This tablet was also used in SG-1 on occasions and can be seen being used by Vala to hack the museum security in the episode where SG-1 mistakenly travel to an alien museum and end up holding hostages. Good luck finding one.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back