Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Just talked to the manager at the regal pinnacle here in Knoxville.

They start showing it with the first movie tomorrow.

No midnight showings tonight etc.

Kinda what I figured. But now I know.

That was my favorite part about being a projectionist in college. I still have an unopened trailer reel from TPM. We had to preview all the movies to make sure the reel splices were good and that there were no problems. So the night before release I put the film together and had a few friends come over, bring beer, and we watched episode one in a huge empty theater before everyone else.
I wish I could say it made the movie better...

Uuhhhhh....Is THIS it?

edit: on second viewing, I'm thinking not. Was this a trailer for the old republic, spliced with the lost ep 6 footage, and an audio overlay?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm definitely going to watch the iTunes trailer all day tomorrow, but I still kind of hope we get some bootlegs just so I can hear the excitement from the theater. Kind of like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Ujxfm_H8Q

Uuhhhhh....Is THIS it?

edit: on second viewing, I'm thinking not. Was this a trailer for the old republic, spliced with the lost ep 6 footage, and an audio overlay?

Thats the one that I saw a bit of this morning,.....all the cheering & the shakey camera could fool you,.....but the deleted ROTJ scene at the beginning & the ST:ID Khan speech gives it away

J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Ujxfm_H8Q

Uuhhhhh....Is THIS it?

Sounds like Benedict Cumberbatch.... probably from Star Trek 2.

edit
Yup, lifted from the second half of ST: Into Darkness trailer...
(Starts at about 1 minute in, apparently the RPF doesn't work with YouTube time stamps).

If you see SOME lens flare don't get all bent out of shape. They used it a handful of times in TPM that I remember right off the bat. So it's not going to be a first for Star Wars. I would expect it to be significantly muted down though because I think JJ will be following the original style pretty closely as these films are near and dear to his heart and not just some successful director making a movie from a franchise he has no clue about.

If I were JJ I'd lens-flare the hell out of the teaser, almost to the point of not being able to see anything, just to mess with the fans and watch the internet go nuclear. :D

--Jonah

Yeah that is the fan reaction of the deleted scenes from the blurays of star wars, mixed in with game footage, and a voice over from John Harrison, aka Khaaaaaaaaaaaannnn.

I'm definitely going to watch the iTunes trailer all day tomorrow, but I still kind of hope we get some bootlegs just so I can hear the excitement from the theater. Kind of like

http://youtu.be/DqcrzE9pZOQ

If i recall correctly, this TPM bootleg trailer was the proper trailer, not the first teaser trailer. Wasn't the first teaser substantially shorter.. was just the gugngan swamp mist and the grassy field with the droid tanks... darth maul and the naboo fighter exiting the droid station? Someone with a better memory then I set me straight?

Last edited:

The only thing about this iTunes/Apple trailers deal that bothers me is...

Why can't they post WHAT TIME it will be online?

It's right on the front page, that it's "comming Friday"...

But if you search Star Wars the only thing that pops up is the ep1 3D trailer...

Are they litterally worried about breaking the Internet if we all try to watch it at once?

The only thing about this iTunes/Apple trailers deal that bothers me is...

Why can't they post WHAT TIME it will be online?

It's right on the front page, that it's "comming Friday"...

But if you search Star Wars the only thing that pops up is the ep1 3D trailer...

Are they litterally worried about breaking the Internet if we all try to watch it at once?

My guess is that they will post it at the same time that the trailer is scheduled to show in theaters on the east coast. This makes the cell phone camera versions unnecessary.

-Ss

Good, I don't need a bunch of people whooping and hollering when I am trying to hear John Williams.

Has anyone else heard about one of the NFL games playing a 60 second version of the trailer today?

-Ss

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back