Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

"...that will set in motion some events that will bring about a search for Luke Skywalker..."

I don't understand how finding a lightsaber Luke lost so long ago could ignite a search for Luke.

"...who has essentially fallen off the grid."

Told you his beard looked like Kevin Flynn in Tron: Legacy.

Personally, I'm done speculating on rumors. I don't have the energy to keep up with it, I'll be ready when real news hits.

I did read on a site that the hand and saber were supposed to be his robotic hand and Jedi saber... meaning luke is handless somewhere with no weapon. Makes a lot more sense than the ESB hand and saber.

But still... Sounds like made up BS or purposefully leaked BS to me.

I did read on a site that the hand and saber were supposed to be his robotic hand and Jedi saber... meaning luke is handless somewhere with no weapon. Makes a lot more sense than the ESB hand and saber.

Not really. If Luke lost his robotic hand, why wouldn't he just get another one? Same with his lightsaber. It's not like this robotic hand procedure is very complex since the Rebels were able to give Luke a robotic hand that was equal to, if not a lot better than his original hand. To think that almost three decades ago that technology didn't offer flesh coverings, and these rebels are on the run!

Not really. If Luke lost his robotic hand, why wouldn't he just get another one? Same with his lightsaber. It's not like this robotic hand procedure is very complex since the Rebels were able to give Luke a robotic hand that was equal to, if not a lot better than his original hand. To think that almost three decades ago that technology didn't offer flesh coverings, and these rebels are on the run!

I think the idea was that if they find Lukes current hand and saber, it means someone has lopped it off and captured or killed him. Thus the search.

Again, I'm not saying it's true... just made a lot more sense than his cloud city fleshy hand.

I can see Luke's Graflex style ESB saber somehow making a re-appearance in this film in some capacity and it would provide some nice symmetry to ANH. But everything about this rumor was just hackneyed and dumb.

If that freaking hand thing is true I won't even bother going to the theater. It sounds like those lame SW kid books that had "The Glove of Darth Vader".

JJ knows you open on an enemy ship. I just can't see him doing a floating hand. He knows what's at stake. :D

Stop with the floating Hand BS! Its BUNK! :lol

so glad we got official confirmation with the latest Mark Hamill interview that he indeed has a beard.. that to me was the look for Luke Skywalker for these films!

Finally we find out what really happened to uncle Owen and aunt Beru.
owen.jpg

Gosh I hope the hand thing isn't true haha. Anyways really looking forward to this movie the bits and pieces I have been reading about sound really good whether they are true or not. I just hope the movie isn't crammed with lens flares every 5 seconds and that the interior of the ships don't look like apple stores.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back