Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

also it was clear that they were not finished...that explains alot of the look of them.

I thought the speeder chase was just not working...its probably why they decided to cut it. they obviously did so before it was finished.

Well I suppose there was a reason they were deleted afterall...

Even Luke started calling Darth Vader "father" once he knew who he was.
I find it kind of annoying that Kylo calls him "Han Solo". Then I think about his temper tantrums and realize he's just a big "Sith-wannabe" baby and I move on. :)

I find it kind of annoying that Kylo calls him "Han Solo". Then I think about his temper tantrums and realize he's just a big "Sith-wannabe" baby and I move on. :)

Kylo considers "Ben" dead, so he doesn't consider Han his father... made sense to me.

Hell if I wanted to **** off my dad, all I would have to say is "What do you want, Ed?"

Calling his father by his first and last name is an attempt at a emotional disconnection thus making it easier to disregard their/his feelings, actions, etc. It's all very psycho-babblical. ;)

Kylo Ren is a spolied, whiny, little emo kid

That was my only real issue with TFA - Kylo is establish in the first couple minutes as a bad ass and then by the end of movie, you think of "spolied, whiny, little emo kid".

That was my only real issue with TFA - Kylo is establish in the first couple minutes as a bad ass and then by the end of movie, you think of "spolied, whiny, little emo kid".

Just to compare, how much complaining did Maul, Dooku, Grievous, Vader do? :lol

I definitely never saw Kylo as whiny or emo.

I saw him as conflicted and extreme, but never emo. I still don't get where people are getting that from.

From watching the movie? Vader was conflicted, Maul was extreme and Ren, just plain whiny.

That's the pattern. Anakin Skywalker - whiny youngster, becomes the baddest Sith in the universe. Luke Skywalker - whiny youngster, becomes the baddest Jedi in the universe. Ben Solo - whiny youngster, becomes...???

Sniveling, whiny bad granpa :facepalm
Pretty much

I just really don't get why people think this.

All through the movie they showed that he was conflicted...that he was struggling to extinguish the Light inside himself--that he was actively trying to become something that deep inside he knew he was not.

Lor San Tekka said as much in the first moments of the film...that he (Kylo) could not deny the truth of whom he was. THAT is what was established.

I guess lots of people weren't paying attention to that.. or the fact that J.J. Abrams told us months before TFA's release that Kylo Ren was not a traditional moustache twirling baddie...he "didn't have his act all together" and so on.

The point is, we KNEW this going in, and they showed it to us all throughout. So why did so many people still come out surprised that he wasn't the ultimate badass?

Just to compare, how much complaining did Maul, Dooku, Grievous, Vader do? :lol

From watching the movie? Vader was conflicted, Maul was extreme and Ren, just plain whiny.

Sniveling, whiny bad granpa :facepalm
Pretty much

Vader wasn't conflicted until the very end...not exactly a pattern there. He was a stone cold killer through all of ANH and ESB. It was only when Luke began to tell him that he could sense the good in him--and really when it came to it and the Emperor was killing his own son in front of him--that Vader showed any conflict. He kept telling the Emperor (and us) that there "Is NO conflict".

Maul was no more extreme than any other Sith... it's what the Sith do: magnify only the Dark Side. Honestly, we got ZERO character development for Maul. He only spoke one line of dialog. We know he was good with a saber, but that's about it.

I love how in our culture any male expressing frustration is "whiny" and any male expressing sadness is "emo." Welcome to 1950.

Yup.

Actually it's ironic that you mention the 50's, because that's when all of this extreme polarization of our culture began.

Now there is no middle ground...there is no grey area...there is only this or that. black or white. good or bad. cool or whiny. republican or democrat.

(NOT starting a political discussion...making that clear.)

We as a society have been conditioned slowly over the last half century to push everything into one of two slots...and it has infected every single area of our lives.

In a way, we've become rather like the Jedi and the Sith...two polar opposites pushing to one side or the other, and unable to see the truth which lives in the middle.

I, personally, enjoyed the violent temper. I don't see that as whiny or emo. I see that as unhinged, which is easily one of the most dangerous traits a character can have. He is completely dedicated to his mission, and when things go south he destroys things.

As a person who throws/ smashes things and swears when I round out a screw, trim off too much material, or scratch a fresh paint-job... I can empathize with his character. I'm 1 crossthreaded connector away from killing all the jedi in the world.

Did I just call myself a sociopath? I don't know. You be the judge.

i agree... we were given an incredible amount of depth for Kylo in TFA...and it can only grow from there.

The violent outbursts--while at times funny--also give him that unpredictability that is so compelling. Who knows what he might do...or how far he will go to accomplish what he has his mind bent on?

GOOD character writing. GOOD acting by Adam Driver.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back