Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

I agree completely. What I should have said is I hate fan made trailers presented as Official Studio Release trailers clearly designed to ‘trick’ people into thinking their homemade trailer is the real deal.

People being creative and practicing their video skills is wonderful but don’t be deceiving just to get clicks and make money while duping less-informed or easily misguided viewers.

There is far too much click bate and opinion stuff on youtube in general. When and if I watch a trailer, I just search for the studio or hopefully the trailer is attached to a news story on an industry coverage site.

That being said, I did see a leaked cam trailer which I imagine was talked about here. I still think they should get farther away from the prequels. But the show seems like it might be pretty good. I saw Trinity (from The Matrix) in it, complete with a Trinity or Neo type Jedi move. Which can be either a good or bad thing depending on your feelings for The Matrix series. Plus, I didn't like Yoda doing a similar type pose in Attack of the Clones.

And the end of the trailer had the almost now typical fan cheers. Which only made me remember the fan cheering from the leaked Batman vs Superman teaser. And we know how that turned out. I only saved the Batmobile chase and Batman warehouse fight scenes off youtube. Plus some screen captures of the Batcave. I'll never watch that movie in full ever again.

Still, I'm kind of excited for The Acolyte. Even in the low quality cam trailer I saw some amazing shots. If it makes the Jedi competent and cool then I'm all for it.

This goes REALLY hard. Trailer tomorrow.

GI9vL6raoAEC3MJ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

"In the age of light..."

I'll believe it when I see it. Disney/Lucasfilm don't miss a chance to throw the whole Jedi order under the bus. I would be presently surprised if the Jedi are actually shown to be the good guys for a change. Actually paragons of morality and truth. Because it seems like they just want to tarnish their legacy.

I know Disney wants to make money and all, but pumping out SO much Star Wars has just been to overwhelming for me.
I missed the times of being so excited for a new movie.
Even with the dislike for the prequels.....I still miss the days of ONLY having 6 movies and really nothing else.
There was just the short clone war stuff, and that was about it....or the Holiday Special.....

It LOOKS good, but story and content (except for the MOST awesome of shows, Andor) have been sorely lacking.

I do like the yellow lightsabers, (as that’s my color of choice for blades).

I’m just so ‘twice shy’ on Wars content now…

It does feel fairly generic in premise. "Things are light and bad is coming" great, seen that a lot of times. Hopefully theres more to it. if anything its got a great cast. Also it took some restraint to not throw Yoda in there, though I'm sure he'll show up in the show.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back