STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I get that, but when I say "nice", I'm mostly happy for Lando.

All the hype on the new flick, and little fan-fair for the guy who blew up the second death star.

Billy Dee Williams is voicing him, and so it's cool to just get him involved in all the new Star Wars Universe that everyone's excited about.

What was the deal with them talking about what Ezra did with the Force on the asteroid? Did I miss an episode or am I just not remembering what happened in the last episode?

Either you missed the last one before the break or you are mis-remembering a bit. Mild spoiler below it doesn't give away everything but still view at your own choice.

Remember the base with all the critters hiding in the cave's shadows until it got dark? That was an asteroid not a planet and they go back

What was the deal with them talking about what Ezra did with the Force on the asteroid? Did I miss an episode or am I just not remembering what happened in the last episode?

They are referring to events in Gathering Forces, the second part to Empire Day.

Ezra let anger/ fear influence him and he tapped into the dark areas of the force to control the huge beast.

I get that, but when I say "nice", I'm mostly happy for Lando.

All the hype on the new flick, and little fan-fair for the guy who blew up the second death star.

Billy Dee Williams is voicing him, and so it's cool to just get him involved in all the new Star Wars Universe that everyone's excited about.

I guess you're right. If everyone else is frolicking in the glory again he may as well also...

They didn't hype Frank Oz very much either. I actually prefer it to the hype they did when Maul and Chewbacca debuted on TCW. It makes it feel more like these characters are more about the story and not about publicity to get viewers. The great thing about it is they feel like these nice little surprises.

I'm glad they didn't HYPE his appearance, I'm just glad it's there. I meant more that everyone is so excited to see Han and Luke back on the screen, you know there are the Lando's and Warwick's who want in on the excitement as well.

I mean if Lando makes an appearance in Ep VII that is a complete surprise, It will be great...

I'm just a guy who wants to see all the people who were such a big part of my childhood (and Adulthood) getting to be a part of the next wave of Star Wars..

I am enjoying this show more than my kids are. This show prompted me to finally check out TCW, which I am now binge watching. I didn't realize how dark TCW got. Plus, we are getting Billy Dee Williams. I have an autographed picture of him hanging in my living room.

They didn't hype Frank Oz very much either. I actually prefer it to the hype they did when Maul and Chewbacca debuted on TCW. It makes it feel more like these characters are more about the story and not about publicity to get viewers. The great thing about it is they feel like these nice little surprises.

I'm sure it was more Cartoon Network hyping Maul and Chewy then TCW team, Disney is a different promotion team.

Just watched Idiot Array........Yay Lando and a very smooth Lando at that. Seriously though he was a great addition to the show and I'm guessing he will be back. Great he's getting some love even if he doesn't show up in the ST.

Ben

I loved the reference to early Jabba designs with this episode's villain. I used to pour over those Making Of books as a kid, and it's wonderful to see the designs I know so well as sketches come to life

tumblr_nfzxv8RjCZ1rkpedso1_1280.jpg

I think "great fun" sums up this whole series and it's just getting better and better. I just love the banta between characters. :)

Ben

I've been very surprised how nice of a balance of new and old there is in the show. I have not been able to latch on to any of the cartoon series' very well, and for me Rebels had an iffy start during the first few episodes, but it's really taking off and I love seeing some of the characters and designs they are bringing in. I like the chemistry of banter going on while trying to achieve a goal, and that the characters all have their quirks. You can actually describe what type of character they are and not some dry, dead, plain somebody who just says lines. They all have personalities and it's a breath of fresh air to see.

I REALLY love the incorporation of the score from the Star Wars films, while adding new material mixed in. It all feels right and like what the composer/music team has done with this a lot.

I think they made Lando a bit too smooth and cool, but it's VERY minor and I can't complain much. It's fun to see an OT character in the mix before his time in ESB. I am overall enjoying the heck out of it.

..... Okay I do have one gripe.... it's how many times they go to the title screen with that blaring little score riff. I LOVE to death the Star Wars score, but they use that A LOT.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back