STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I recorded the first episode and thought I had my DVR set to do the series, but evidently hadn't, so I've missed the rest of the episodes so far and need to reset the DVR.

If you have a cable provider with On Demand, most of the episodes are still available there. If not, they're probably pretty cheap to buy on iTunes or Amazon Prime.

All but the first episode/pilot/movie are $1.99 for SD on Amazon Prime, the movie is $5.99 for SD. There are alternative venues for viewing if you're like and don't have more than basic, basic cable anymore and are too cheap to pay for the episodes. it's just a matter of searching and you'll eventually find it streaming somewhere.

Watch Disney XD (carried by Comcast, Time Warner, or other companies) has been releasing the upcoming episode every Tuesday. Basically, if you have access to Watch Disney XD, You get to see episodes six days in advance.

The only problem with that is that the Disney XD app, for whatever reason, doesn't support Time Warner, and even if it did you'd still have to have the right package, if the package you have doesn't include Disney XD then you won't be able to even watch it on TWC's own app.

The only problem with that is that the Disney XD app, for whatever reason, doesn't support Time Warner, and even if it did you'd still have to have the right package, if the package you have doesn't include Disney XD then you won't be able to even watch it on TWC's own app.

I was just stating it as information, not implying everyone has access.

Did you try logging in the app with Xfinity? Comcast bought Time Warner earlier this year and were suppose to come together under the Xfinity brand. Just a thought.

I was just stating it as information, not implying everyone has access.

Did you try logging in the app with Xfinity? Comcast bought Time Warner earlier this year and were suppose to come together under the Xfinity brand. Just a thought.

Didn't try that, doesn't matter though since I now have only basic, basic cable which means no Disney XD, app or not.

Well, those have the Disney Channel but not Disney XD rejoice... They played two episodes of Rebels (Droid in Distress and Fighter Fight) last night, will again at 12:30 (I think), and plan to air two more episodes next Friday. Hopefully they plan to continue airing the episodes a few weeks later on regular Disney. You may see them a little later, but you will see them.

That's great to hear. The more fans who see it, the better. It's a great show and Star Wars fans should be watching it.

i also like that Disney has multiple air times throughout the week. I never understood Cartoon Network's limited viewing of twice a week. I still do not understand why they only show reruns once a week in the middle of the night. My only other thought is there is something in the agreement between LFL and CN.

Well, those have the Disney Channel but not Disney XD rejoice... They played two episodes of Rebels (Droid in Distress and Fighter Fight) last night, will again at 12:30 (I think), and plan to air two more episodes next Friday. Hopefully they plan to continue airing the episodes a few weeks later on regular Disney. You may see them a little later, but you will see them.

funny, My daughter just now told me Rebels was on regular Disney channel and it is indeed. Friday nights AND Saturday morning: 12:30 today... next week Friday night and Saturday morning two back to back episodes from 11am till 12noon. Good to see Disney will do this... so they are a show or two behind but kids will eat this up.. so glad they are no longer leaving out kids who don't have XD. big thumbs up to disney for doing that!

Well, I just saw the latest episode and I'm accepting that this thing isn't getting any better for me. I'll keep watching it, but I'll keep complaining. It's not even about getting better. It's about total character and format changes.

Yes, starting with the novel A New Dawn, the prequel to Rebels, all stories told throughout any media platform (i.e. movies, tv shows, books etc.) are canon from here on out

Last edited:
Alright, cool. Thanks. It seems I've been enjoying Rebels more and more with each episode. It seems like we're pretty close to having our base characters and chemistry established so we can get some multiple episode story arcs going here.

I think they need to do some stories that last longer than one episode. the show just feels too rushed. That story where Ezra was training to be a Stormtrooper--that could have been three episodes at least.

I think they need to do some stories that last longer than one episode. the show just feels too rushed. That story where Ezra was training to be a Stormtrooper--that could have been three episodes at least.

I hear you, but on the other hand, Clone Wars sometimes dragged out things over several episodes that didn't warrant it. Maybe there was some internal backlash about that. Also, if it's aimed more at kids, there will be fewer long arc stories I assume.

I hear you, but on the other hand, Clone Wars sometimes dragged out things over several episodes that didn't warrant it. Maybe there was some internal backlash about that. Also, if it's aimed more at kids, there will be fewer long arc stories I assume.

Next week's episode (the one previewing on Watch Disney XD) is at least a two parter.

I with you both. I'm ready for the stories to go longer although I understand the character development with the audience but at least they appear to also moving forward with the bigger picture.

The one thing that I did not like about how in the last few years the Clone Wars did the multipart shows was that they were usually 4-part stories. So you ended up with only 5 stories a year. That's okay but since each arc centered on one or two main characters, you missed out a lot with other character interaction. However since Rebels seems to be a group sticking together, I think you will just about always see the main characters every week to some extent. That makes me happy.

I loved the way the clone wars approached their stories. It was never about the same people vs the bad guys every week. It was more like "tales of the clone wars". In that sense, anyone could be the protagonist of an episode, even villains. It was very smart. And the multi-episode arcs were amazing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back