STAR WARS Hero X Wing Scratchbuild from Maxi Brute

Re: 1/24 Hero X Wing Build

I don't understand the way the droid strip ends before the r2 unit in Jason's pics. I'm assuming it's the red 3/4 configuration. I've noticed it before on some versions of the salzo x. I've looked at pictures of red 3 and haven't noticed that on any the studio models either. And I have a pretty good collection. Maybe I'm just missing it.

Can anyone explain that please? On which versions would it stop short?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I think that this must be why. The droid strip seems to be sanded on an angle and the front is still curves around the droid. Something Frank had mentioned in another thread that showed a squared off front of the strip threw me for a loop. Or am I still wrong? This is a pic of red 3.

Sorry Incredipaul. I'll shut up now...

Yeah when it comes to X-Wing, Beaz is the best !

Indeed... and kudos to those re-reading the threads in the first post. Anyone scratching an X should at least send Beaz a thank you card. Seriously someone send this guy a Yavin medal... and cue the music.

Sorry to keep hijacking...

I've collected data from the forums here that the turkey feathers are from an f-4j phantom or an f-15. Does anyone know the correct answer?

The Phantom F4E is what I used to make my engine and it has the correct feathers. Having never purchased an F4J I cannot confirm but it is my understanding this is where you will find the shorter versions of the same feathers.

I think that this must be why. The droid strip seems to be sanded on an angle and the front is still curves around the droid. Something Frank had mentioned in another thread that showed a squared off front of the strip threw me for a loop. Or am I still wrong? This is a pic of red 3.

Sorry Incredipaul. I'll shut up now...

If you have the photo of the Hero fuselage top you will notice that the angle is incorporated as part of the buck and there is no hole for the droid. The droid mounting point would be drilled and the strip is a separate assembly attached later. This is why you see variation in its location as it would have to be cut out on the R2 end.

Please post away... it'll keep this thread active while I finish the remote.

I am in need of expert help with kits...

I've got the Nichimo 1/500 Yamato or Musashi down for those lovely tiny round things w/rivets on the droid strip. I've also got a lead on a 1/550 Musashi... should I bother?

I had read of a modficiation to a Yamato tooling. Is this something else to consider? Or does the modified tooling only apply to the Tamiya releases?

Give us a lesson on the many Yamatos... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got the Nichimo 1/500 Yamato or Musashi down for those lovely tiny round things w/rivets on the droid strip. I've also got a lead on a 1/550 Musashi... should I bother?

You'll definitely want to stick with the 1/500. The 1/550 kits are not the same.

I had read of a modficiation to a Yamato tooling. Is this something else to consider? Or does the modified tooling only apply to the Tamiya releases?

Yes. The Tamiya Yamato gets mentioned around here a lot because it was used extensively by the ILM shop. You won't need it for your X-Wing build, though. It was retooled recently (in the 90's?) so if you need one for another model, you want to be sure to find the vintage tooling.

As far as I know, there was only ever one version of the 1/500 Nichimo Yamato/Musashi.

I owe a LOT to the good people here at the RPF - people like Beaz, Lee, Allan, Julien, Ryan, Steve Neisen, etc - when people team up, magic happens!

Indeed ! “Two heads are better than one”!
In another words, you guys are “SEVEN SAMURAI”!.:thumbsup

Paul,

attached is the parts from the incomplete Sea Lab III I got stung with. You said you needed the bits in the centre line which you can have mate. You can have all the parts marked 'YES' if you need them as you went out of your way to help me out when no one else would. I have a full Sea Lab III that was unopened. I had to open it just to make sure the kit was actually in it :unsure Just PM me with your shipping specs & I'll send it off in the next day or so. Oh the clear piece had pieces glued to it & isn't in 100% condition. But you can have the spare orange piece that is in 100% condition which is exactly the same. Maybe I could buy some castings of your Droid Strip, Butt Plate, Engines............

Paul,

attached is the parts from the incomplete Sea Lab III I got stung with. You said you needed the bits in the centre line which you can have mate. You can have all the parts marked 'YES' if you need them as you went out of your way to help me out when no one else would. I have a full Sea Lab III that was unopened. I had to open it just to make sure the kit was actually in it :unsure Just PM me with your shipping specs & I'll send it off in the next day or so. Oh the clear piece had pieces glued to it & isn't in 100% condition. But you can have the spare orange piece that is in 100% condition which is exactly the same. Maybe I could buy some castings of your Droid Strip, Butt Plate, Engines............

THANK YOU! It feels like Xmas already... :thumbsup.

Tox, I would be happy to help anyone with sealab parts but you might be asking the wrong guy. Check with omes72 first... *cough*pressure pot*cough.*

I guess I'll have to set up for casting these parts Tox. Is a single part mould ok or do you want the pieces as they are with a 2 part mould? Paul you pieces are bagged & will be sent in the next day. There is a little black paint on the edges of some as this kit was partially constructed & stripped for parts:unsure which i would guess was a Galactica builder. Keep up the good work

Omes, just a one part mold would suffice I think ! The clear part looks to be a bit more challenging to cast though :s That would be very nice !

I just need to know how many times each piece is used so I can then make up a gang mould for future castings :cool Sorry to corrupt the thread Paul.

Got these done today using a one part mould. I want to do a 2 part mould. I'll have to do the cage bits again, wasn't thinking about it properly. So all I need to know is how many pieces of each part are required?

Thanks fellas & Tox, thats why Im doing this. Paul pointed out I might have used the wrong piece for the engine mount? Theres 3 pieces with that shape & beas picture was a little indiscriptive. Tell me how many of each piece required for a full set & they'll be done tonight after work :cool Sorry for taking up thread Paul. Your parts are in the mail :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back