Star Wars Greeblie Discovery Thread

Hi Gang,

Another greeblie discovery. Mounted on the cockpit back wall are two Zeftronics Voltage Regulators. They are mounted one on top of the other just behind the Martin Baker Ejection Seat on Han's side. I already have one, and I'm hoping to get another.

VoltReg_zpsc8f4f48e.jpg

sorry for the double post... but here's the control board for that furnace that blew a couple years ago (notice the blown cap). There are a ton of great greeblies on here...board.JPG

Can't believe I forgot about that indicator light thread! Anywho - great find on the board! Those transistors will definitely come in handy (psst, details on the writing on them? do you need them all? he he ) While we're on the topic of found parts: Lightsaber activation plates used edge connectors from a light green board, much the same color as yours chizbot - and I believe I've found the most accurate piece to date. They are Otis elevator boards...and the leads are STILL wonky, I can barely get 1.5 or 2 cards out of these two while sacrificing a little accuracy http://www.therpf.com/f79/luke-esb-saber-newly-acquired-part-217805/?highlight=esb

sorry for the double post... but here's the control board for that furnace that blew a couple years ago (notice the blown cap). There are a ton of great greeblies on here...View attachment 353066

most of the transistors are RCA 2N4314's... I don't need any of them, really. There are a few Motorola transistors too, and Sprague caps.

I have about ten pounds of cool greeblies like this. more than I need, I think I was trying to find stuff for custom projects or a lightsaber chassis. I think I'm going to sell priority mail boxes full of them very soon, other people should use these

I don't have access to all of my "Greebles" or the photos of them, but I thought i would add one of my favorites. Now keep in mind, this is not a "Screen Accurate" peice, and if this thread is screen accurate, i appologize in advance.

Dead thread? I think not. Hey Fuzzual, I just stumbled across your videos last night. Quite inspiring, bookmarked.

Here are some samples from my greeblie boxes. Do not overlook your local Habitat for Humanity Restore, the hardware thrift store. Find some awesome cool stuff and help a great cause, win-win. Found these pieces there, not sure what they are.

GreeblieDoorWare.jpg

This is a rack for .22 Cal. bullets. Not sure where I found them but shouldn't be hard to find at U.S. outdoor stores or gun ranges.

BulletRack1.jpg

Spindles are easy to find. The black one is a paper roll end from a web press and the white one is a part I had to replace off my washing machine.

GreeblieSpindles.jpg

A defunct thermostat from my serviced car. Meh.

GreeblieThermostat.jpg

This reminds me of when I was working on the Droid factory interior for SW-Attack of the Clones. John Goodson and I walked up every aisle of Home Depot and filled two shopping carts full of interesting shapes. We had everything from wasp traps to plumbing parts. Some things we grabbed just for the blister packs they were packaged in.

The funniest part was when the "helpful" employees couldn't figure out what the heck home repair we were trying to fix, and finally stopped trying to give us advice for our plumbing problem.

This reminds me of when I was working on the Droid factory interior for SW-Attack of the Clones. John Goodson and I walked up every aisle of Home Depot and filled two shopping carts full of interesting shapes. We had everything from wasp traps to plumbing parts. Some things we grabbed just for the blister packs they were packaged in.

The funniest part was when the "helpful" employees couldn't figure out what the heck home repair we were trying to fix, and finally stopped trying to give us advice for our plumbing problem.

Lmao!!!!

Came across this thread, although it’s been dead for a while, I found this when taking out the recycling and thought it belonged here, think it will make a nice droid port - part of the top of a sure deodorant

Attachments

• A1B6E735-4270-4CBD-9CF5-46415611E049.jpeg
    A1B6E735-4270-4CBD-9CF5-46415611E049.jpeg
    963.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 3BE3B7F7-F7FC-4941-B40B-1A3C0C1B3016.jpeg
    3BE3B7F7-F7FC-4941-B40B-1A3C0C1B3016.jpeg
    712.1 KB · Views: 88
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back