Star Trek: TNG Medkit

Amazing work! Looks like it walked right off the set.

Thanks! I would definitely like to do one with a better gloss coat next time.

Wow! Beautiful work. Hope we see the other Engineering kit soon too (the odd shaped one)!!

Yeaaaah. That's sitting at me demanding to be finished, not sure I can face the sanding! I do need to finish that sucker this year - need to get some decent science tricorder electronics to go with it.

OMG, I love this!!!
If you ever offer kits please put me down for one!

I'm hoping to release the plans as a DXFs that people can laser cut - need to write/draw it all up...

WOW I just came across this thread and I am in awe. ....I could not read your instruction booklet, is available as a PDF and are there dxf files available?, The company I work for has cnc machines for cutting polycarb, low tech compared to laser cutting, if I could make one a 10th as nice as yours I would be elated, ....of course I would most likely have a box of cut pieces that I never assemble :/

Been following this build with great interest. Great work. They have turned out really well. Love your background for the photos as well!!!

Ditto on the .dxf files

I have a laser cutter.. and would like to make one for myself too!

Great fricken' job man!!

Just saw this thread. Everything came out great, absolutely LOVE the group shot at the end with the set you built around it :)

I too am curious to know if the plans you started drafting for the Medkit were ever made available.

Finally finished up the small detail parts for the kit, such as a small scale PADD to fit inside, had the vials filled with resin, etc, so I made a small backdrop set to take some finished photos of the prop! The set was made from beige PVC board dressed with vinyl tapelines, with smoked acrylic panels, behind which backlit graphics and diffuser sheets were laid. Not 100% accurate but it does the job.

View attachment 1001487 View attachment 1001489 View attachment 1001490 View attachment 1001491 View attachment 1001492 View attachment 1001493 View attachment 1001494 View attachment 1001495 View attachment 1001496 View attachment 1001497
View attachment 1001502
I also finished up the lesser-seen Engineering case - I think the original used vinyl for the plant ons, but to give mine a bit more depth I went for 0.5mm styrene:

View attachment 1001508

View attachment 1001509 View attachment 1001510 View attachment 1001511
View attachment 1001512 View attachment 1001513 View attachment 1001514
Could you tell me what the dimension/size is of the Starfleet logo and text on the case?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back