Star Trek Into Darkness replicas

Qmx is shipping the new STID ring now. I should have mine later this week.

There is no point in showing photos, because this ring looks exactly like all the photos QMX has shown (unlike the 09 ring). It is made of a quality metal and has impressive packaging. I am wearing mine and the metal is solid enough that i am not at all concerned that it will look scratched and dented from wear. The size difference makes the 09 ring look like it was designed for a woman compared to this one. It was well worth it at about $28 shipped from Redford Films. Between the ring and the presentation box, this is definately worth the price difference over the 09 ring.

No... that's not my concept phaser. Before JJ ultimately wanted to go with the design from the first film, I went to work on coming up with a phaser based on the TOS but modernized it.

How many of you guys would like to see it? How bad would you guys like to see it? What would you do to get a chance to see it? All the hard core Trekies... raise your hands? How many of you guys actually stood in line today waiting to get the new iphone? lol

I'd do pretty much anything legal to get a look, and yes I went to get an iphone 5S today (actually the 5S was selling better than the 5C at the store here).

No... that's not my concept phaser. Before JJ ultimately wanted to go with the design from the first film, I went to work on coming up with a phaser based on the TOS but modernized it.

How many of you guys would like to see it? How bad would you guys like to see it? What would you do to get a chance to see it? All the hard core Trekies... raise your hands? How many of you guys actually stood in line today waiting to get the new iphone? lol

Although nobody can see it, my hand is held high with my other hand clutching at my elbow as if I could make the arm strech out longer.

Hey guys.... sorry for the delay. OK, so here's my concept piece. This is what I put together to show the studio. Basically, in hopes of possibly getting them to allow me to change the phaser to something based more on the TOS version. Well, we all know how that went. :) Anyway, this concept belongs to me and is not owned by the studio. So, if any of you are interested in building this... please be respectful with regards to asking me first.

Enjoy!

Concept.jpg

Just the one pic for now.... I may start a thread on this for you guys.

Yeah, too bad they didn't include them somewhere in the movie. That would have given them an option to evolve the phasers to something close to the original Trek prop.

I was watching the special features of Into Darkness and freeze framed the part where the prop master is handling the communicator.
While I originally thought they just painted the insignia silver and added one on the inside of the lid, it can clearly be seen that it's actually a silver mesh insignia.
I'd like to try and modify the Playmates toy to look like this. Still hoping someone with the know-how and equipment will offer replacement aluminum parts to upgrade this thing...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back