Star Tours: RX-24 Captain "Rex" build

Amazing work! I really appreciate the effort.

Teaser! Stickerteaser.jpg

Very nice and your links answers another question for me. What does the sign actually say when translated.

View attachment 259279

And Here you go!

B->
Boyd's Be There in a minute delivery service

shipper:
reubens
robotics

(circle):5 8172093781928390182391812098397

description of goods:
rx (24?)
rx pilot droid
defective

reciever:

quantity: 1

weight: 1.25 units

freight
weight 2.5 units

total
freight 3.75 Units

Last edited:
Wow! I just discovered this thread, and just in time! I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow (actually gonna be leaving in 7 hours or so... :p ), and I am an absolutely huge Star Tours fan, and would love to help out on this project. I can take the best camera we have (my dad has a nice DSLR, but I forget if it's working right now) and I can get whatever pics you guys want (even though it looks like you guys have that down). Also, if you want, I know a guy who works at Disneyland at the Finding Nemo ride, but I know he was cross training in Star Tours for a while. I could ask him if he could get some pics of Rex with a ruler next to him, seeing as we don't have any of those yet. Just let me know if that'd help, and I can see if he'd be willing to oblige! Looking forward to seeing what this thread produces. :)

Wow! I just discovered this thread, and just in time! I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow (actually gonna be leaving in 7 hours or so... :p ), and I am an absolutely huge Star Tours fan, and would love to help out on this project. I can take the best camera we have (my dad has a nice DSLR, but I forget if it's working right now) and I can get whatever pics you guys want (even though it looks like you guys have that down). Also, if you want, I know a guy who works at Disneyland at the Finding Nemo ride, but I know he was cross training in Star Tours for a while. I could ask him if he could get some pics of Rex with a ruler next to him, seeing as we don't have any of those yet. Just let me know if that'd help, and I can see if he'd be willing to oblige! Looking forward to seeing what this thread produces. :)

Any help is greatly appreciated and I'm thankful for your offer! Any help from CMs would be excellent also.

Pictures are always good. We need most:
Top down or bottom up orthographic views (difficult)
Pictures with dimensions like a ruler would be fantastic. Make sure the ruler is on a specific plane or is measuring a specific part.

If you take pictures, zoom as far in as possible to minimize lens distortion.

Thanks again, any help is good at this point!!

Okay, cool! Question- what exactly is an orthographic view? haha, sorry, I don't quite understand what that means. Is it like a straight on shot?

Okay, cool! Question- what exactly is an orthographic view? haha, sorry, I don't quite understand what that means. Is it like a straight on shot?

Yeah. Technically it would be straight on with no perspective but that's a little hard to do in the real world. Top, bottom, left profile, right profile, back, front would all be orthographic.

Basically I want to be able to bring it into CAD and model it out or into illustrator and make blueprints.

Alrighty, cool. I will try my best. It may require some bending over of some rails, though! :p Hopefully the line will be slow, and I can get some time in front of him.

And Here you go!

B->
Boyd's Be There in a minute delivery service
shipper:
reubens
robotics

description of goods:
rx (24?)
rx pilot droid
defective

reciever:
##############

quantity: #

weight: # units

freight
weight # units

total
freight # Units

Wow, I didn't expect you to actually take the time to do the translating. Thanks yet again! Too bad handheld 3D laser scanners for discrete reverse engineering are so expensive.

Wow, I didn't expect you to actually take the time to do the translating. Thanks yet again! Too bad handheld 3D laser scanners for discrete reverse engineering are so expensive.

Honestly I was about halfway through translating when you asked me about it :)

Yeah I want to take my phone back and do 123D catch on it and see if I can get usable data.

Hey! So, it turns out both my real cameras were out of action for today, and I only had my iPhone, and the line was (of course) super fast where Rex was, so I couldn't get any decent pics, although I did try. But none are worth uploading. :( BUT, I will still ask my CM friend about getting in there with a ruler.

Hey! So, it turns out both my real cameras were out of action for today, and I only had my iPhone, and the line was (of course) super fast where Rex was, so I couldn't get any decent pics, although I did try. But none are worth uploading. :( BUT, I will still ask my CM friend about getting in there with a ruler.

No stress! Thanks for the effort. I know it's tough to get in there. Yeah let us know about the ruler thing. That would be valuable!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back