Star Lord vest - UPDATE - Oct 31st: Vest completed, plus full costume

They're selling star lord vests on ebay now. Yours looks better.

These new vests. The pieces of flair are all wrong, the back is solid not vented.

Hopefully it's like the jackets where they improved pretty quickly Then maybe I won't have to build this from scratch.

They're selling star lord vests on ebay now. Yours looks better.

These new vests. The pieces of flair are all wrong, the back is solid not vented.

Hopefully it's like the jackets where they improved pretty quickly Then maybe I won't have to build this from scratch.

How about a link out of morbid curiosity?

Thanks, MrSouthPaw, I have to agree that mine is a lot more accurate! It kind of makes me wish I could produce more of them myself and sell them.

Maybe you can produce a kit or something to upgrade these things.

The basic body of this thing is not bad at all. I actually think they did a very good job on the shoulders too. It's the details that are just terrible, plus the lack of back mesh. And the way they run the "suspender" straps is wrong, they shouldn't curve into the neck...just over the shoulder like real suspenders.

Hey again, I just got pinged about the vest over on my Zipper run, heh! Bloop - you may be getting pinged because I referenced this thread in my reply and tagged ya.
I *do* have a whole leather hide which I was going to use to make the trench coat but who am I kidding, I'm not seamstress....The Vest, on the other hand, after your super detailed documentation on how you did it here, well, I just want to thank you for that. I feel a little more confident moving forward if I decide to cut into that hide...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back