SpiderSparrow's TASM Build (Suit Finished!!! Skateboard Pics! 11/1/12)

Re: SpiderSparrow's TASM Build (lenses finished, shoes half way done)

You could get Damngoodpaul's print. His is really good and pretty cheap! Plus you want to look as good as you can with what you made!

You could get Damngoodpaul's print. His is really good and pretty cheap! Plus you want to look as good as you can with what you made!

Yeah, I already know of a few good cheap prints I could get. But it's the sewing it together I have a problem with. I wouldn't know what I'm doing, and I really can't afford to pay a seamstress. So unless there's someone on here who knows how to sew a suit together, and will do it for really cheap, I think I'm going to have to go with the zentai suit.

Brian, this was posted on another Spiderman thread, but it may help your cause (and your budget)

Newest Spandex Lycra Amazing Spiderman Costume Zentai Suit [30099] - $59.00 : Buy zentai, spandex

although, now that I look at the eyes on the Zentai mask - yours might be too small to cover. GREAT WORK!

That zentai suit looks badass! Haha I think it can be modified hardcore. Just make the fingers blue and add shoes, webshooters, lenses (looks like there's an option for open eyes) I'll order one too for ****s and giggles.. See how legit it is in person and how easy it can be modified. :thumbsup

Awesome work on the shoes and lenses! Especially for just eight bucks!
Question though could you tell me what style Puma's you used? I was also looking for an alternative around the Asics. (Mine was modifying some Lacoste Sport ones and I actually started already) But the Pumas seem to have that spidey vibe as you say and they also seem to have a slightly higher heel to prevent the foot from slipping. Also, did you use normal acrylic paint? Sorry for asking do much. Well, that is all.

Best of luck, looking forward to more progress pics!
-Equinox

Question though could you tell me what style Puma's you used? I was also looking for an alternative around the Asics. (Mine was modifying some Lacoste Sport ones and I actually started already) But the Pumas seem to have that spidey vibe as you say and they also seem to have a slightly higher heel to prevent the foot from slipping. Also, did you use normal acrylic paint? Sorry for asking do much. Well, that is all.

-Equinox

Lol what's wrong with the asics? Those are the screen used bro!

That zentai suit looks badass! Haha I think it can be modified hardcore. Just make the fingers blue and add shoes, webshooters, lenses (looks like there's an option for open eyes) I'll order one too for ****s and giggles.. See how legit it is in person and how easy it can be modified. :thumbsup

Yeah, I hate that it doesn't have the honeycomb pattern though. I'm still debating if I should get this or get a print and give it my best shot sewing it myself.

-Equinox

Thanks dude!
I actually have no idea what style they are, I bought them used at a thrift store. And I can't look at the inside tag because I already cut that part off and threw everything away. Sorry, I tried just searching puma shoes on google images, but I didn't find anything that looks like these. :/
Yes I painted them with acrylic craft paint, but then I sprayed down the whole shoe with a clear acrylic high gloss coating.

I'm gonna draw the honeycomb myself and puff paint the hell out of it!

Lol what's wrong with the asics? Those are the screen used bro!

I know that those are the screen accurate ones but right now they're too pricey for my taste since I have to invest in the print and lenses. And, the ones I've seen online aren't the silver and red ones; they are black and yellow. Also since the stunt version doesn't have the Asics soles I wanted something that I could mod to be similar. Literally, my Lacoste ones have been modded with puff paint to seem as close to the Gel Dirt Dogs as possible.

Thanks dude!
I actually have no idea what style they are, I bought them used at a thrift store. And I can't look at the inside tag because I already cut that part off and threw everything away. Sorry, I tried just searching puma shoes on google images, but I didn't find anything that looks like these. :/
Yes I painted them with acrylic craft paint, but then I sprayed down the whole shoe with a clear acrylic high gloss coating.

Cool, like I said above I went a complete puff paint paint job since it was what I had available. No problem with the style, just wanted to see another version but I'll stick to try and replicate the Asics style :)

LOVE the shoes. Obviously not SA, but definitely appropriate with a more personalized twist. The lenses are home made for less than $5...and look amazing. Good work.

LOVE the shoes. Obviously not SA, but definitely appropriate with a more personalized twist. The lenses are home made for less than $5...and look amazing. Good work.

Thanks! Yeah, I've decided that I'm not gonna spend a ridiculous amount of money making my suit completely SA, I'm just going to make an awesome spidey suit with what I can afford, and make it look as close to TASM suit as possible.

My whole suit will cost me less than $100 though. So basically, I'll have a semi professional suit for about the cost one of those crappy "deluxe" Halloween costumes that you can buy in stores.

how in the world did you manage to cut out the mesh? o_O sorry if this is a stupid question lol

progress is coming along great. Love the ingenuity for the lenses and the shoes. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

how in the world did you manage to cut out the mesh? o_O sorry if this is a stupid question lol

Believe it or not, I just used scissors haha. It probly would have been much easier with wire clippers, but I couldn't find mine so i just used scissors.

progress is coming along great. Love the ingenuity for the lenses and the shoes. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Thanks mate! Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing progress too, haha I still don't have enough money to order a suit. I'm broke and I have no job (working on finding a job.) so I'm just selling things online here and there.

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME PROGRESS BUD! I'm really happy someone on here has a clear thread about making the lenses and for CHEAP! as well as the shoes. Haven't read one thread where anyone was using shoes other than the Asics. Glad I came across this thread! Cheers! Hope my suit, lenses, and shoes turn out like yours!

Finally ordered the Zentai suit! I went with size medium, because in all the pics I've seen of people wearing zentai suits, they look a bit to loose. All the measurements for the medium suit are slightly smaller than my measurements, so I'm hoping that will make it more form fitting like it should be. We shall see!

so anyway, I should be posting some more progress in about 2 weeks when I get my suit, so keep an eye out!

I'm in a rush to get it done before Halloween parties start now, but I think I can do it!

Finally ordered the Zentai suit! I went with size medium, because in all the pics I've seen of people wearing zentai suits, they look a bit to loose. All the measurements for the medium suit are slightly smaller than my measurements, so I'm hoping that will make it more form fitting like it should be. We shall see!

so anyway, I should be posting some more progress in about 2 weeks when I get my suit, so keep an eye out!

I'm in a rush to get it done before Halloween parties start now, but I think I can do it!

Right on. Glad to see my zentai method's being used :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back