Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse (Part One)

I loved Into the Spider-Verse, to my great surprise. I don't care for Miles Morales from the comics, but this film fixed all the problems I had with him from the source material. He actually is his own person and not just "ethnic Peter Parker" the comics and games make him to be.

The story is comic-book-levels-stupid but also equally fun and engaging visually; it just works. This is actually the only Spider-Man related thing I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
At least I k ow there will be two upcoming movies to look forward to.

The ONLY thing I didn’t like in the first move was the animation for Kingpin. Way too oversized.

Didn't know how I felt from the teaser, but I'm definitely excited after the trailer. Into the Spider-Verse is probably my favorite Spider-Man movie, so I hope this can keep up the momentum.

It's really, really good. I don't want to really say much else. If you liked the first one, you should love this one too.

The end is a huge cliffhanger that you might see coming if you're paying attention though.

Saw it today, I liked it, but not everything.

Visually, it was great, though when the art styles switch a lot, it was a little distracting at times. I understand it and appreciated it, but when the style switches from shot to shot within a scene, it momentarily took me out of it.

Pacing could've been better for me. I avoided spoilers and things for this movie, so I had no idea it was a "part 1," so toward the end, I was thinking "there's no way this wraps up in any satisfying way!" Which I think is part of the pacing problem. Not knowing what exactly is planned for the next part (is it 2 parts, or is it more?), I feel they could've still told what they wanted to tell in just one movie, especially given the 2 hour 20 min runtime. Or they could've simply tightened up the story so that part 1 was shorter.

Still, it was good. The best parts are the personal character interactions, especially among family members. It felt more genuine than a lot of live-action movies.

Side-note: I think this movie isn't very "kid-friendly," especially not young children. Not that it should be, but there's definitely parents taking their young kids to see this because it's Spider-Man and it's animated, but the tone and pacing of the movie are for a more mature audience. Part of that's on the parents - the 1st Spider-verse film was the same way, and this one is even longer, so you have to expect young kids won't have the attention span to make it through, or the maturity to understand what's happening. There's also intense scenes that might be too much for young ones (again, like the 1st film). While it's rated PG, I feel like it leans more toward an older age. At my showing, there was a family with very young kids (from what I could tell, probably all under 6 years old) that ended up leaving halfway through. The kids kept taking while they were there, and didn't seem too engaged in the story.

I thought it was scarily good. Unsure if this is the spoiler free thread - but I will say... how the heck are they gonna write themselves out of that massive corner the story was forced into?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back