Space Cowboys ship, Battle Beyond the Stars FINISHED!

Absolutely fantastic job Lee! Looks like you nailed everything. When I heard about this project, I thought you guys were only sticking with the cab, so I am most impressed that you did the cargo pod as well.

Detailing has started on the cabin, port side:

Apr_26_2016_101.jpg

And, progress!

Port side of freighter cabin, about dome, just needs the whip antenna added.

Starboard cabin, about 90% done - some detailing still to be added and also the whip antenna for *this* side.

Ventral / underside, still needs the forward-mounted dish antenna in that glaringly empty area near the bow.

Topside view - partially conjecture, no clear shots available for the back topside portion.

Apr_28 A_2016_142.jpgApr_28 A_2016_145.jpgApr_28 A_2016_143.jpgApr_28 A_2016_144.jpg

A very vexing part was the round thing that covers the aft filming mount of the cargo section. It looks to be a wheel, but no car kit parts of any note had surfaced during the parts hunt, for any of the models used in the film, let alone this one... but while pawing thru all of the donor parts kit *one more time* the lower end caps of the Monogram Shuttle SRB leaped out at me. So, add to it a part from Tamiya SdKfz 222 Leichter Panzerspahwagen, a part from a Leopold (and a Hanomag wheel hub), and some small connectors and that gets me close to what seems to be there!

May_18 B 2016_144.jpg

And mounted:

May_18 BB 2016_158.jpg

Under side now done - the best references for this section are very dark and momentary (often flopped or inverted!) scenes when the Jackers are attacking before Nell rescues Cowboy. Which means I had to guess at what model kit part goes with what murky shadow:

May_18 B 2016_153.jpg

And the topside completed:
May_18 B 2016_150.jpg

Now - I need to get the middle section sidewalls detailed, and then, throw primer over all the cargo section parts! :)

And... primer: ON!

Starboard upper:

May_19 B 2016_142.jpg

Starboard middle and under:

May_19 B 2016_143.jpg

Port upper:

May_19 B 2016_141.jpg

Port middle and under:

May_19 B 2016_144.jpg

Aft view:

May_19 B 2016_145.jpg

And, now: forward onto the seam-filling, touch-up priming over filling, base coat, decals, and final weathering. But that's nothing compared to what it has taken to get this far! ;)

A great project, I have only made big items so for me a good experience to read your build log to get the journey.

and just how much work it was, very rewarding.

welldone

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back