Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Nice job, Atlanthia and Ray. You two serve to offer me the kick in the butt to get going again. Been doing some work on my 3D printed CM. Filling, sanding, priming. Wash, rinse, repeat. Almost smooth enough to drop it in some rubber. Thats what I get for not having it polished by the printer b4 sending it out.

It means that I loved your update, Ray. :)
I know Darren just busting your chops :lol I always find it amusing as with how certain phrases mean different things around the world. Like it's bad here to call someone a F-@_G but in your part of the world if I wanted a smoke it's okay to use it Lol.

Okay guys time for a nightly update I started working on the cross sections that will hold the cages and pods up I decided to run a straight piece of basswood laminated with styrene then drilled holes for 1/8th steel rod to run in it and into the solid resin pods this thing will be rigid once its all glued down. The walk way section in the cage is hollow so there is basically no weight the crossmember to the pods will bare all the weight I need to finish up the rear cage so I can have all for pods just to see it standing.

I made the landing gear static Bob didn't feel like cracking my skull making it movable more chances for it later to get misalinged or a part popping out here are a few shots of the landing gear parts.

Ok extra kudos for Ray, Darren that CM is looking real good.

Now for a doozy. I was checking Ebay for an external drive for my netbook and I saw an old Commodore SX64 portable for businessmen. Where the keyboard detached. It was like a samples case but had a 5 inch mono monitor 1 of the 5.25 inch floppy drives and the said detachable keyboard. And it reminded me of a scene from S:1999 in I think it was the pilot, where the had the same or similar computer being used in the command center. Does anyone else remember this?

Thank you Greylocke, where's brother Darren? he's M.I.A for a couple of days. Just a few shots of the Eagle mocked up on all four landing gear. Will work on the rear cage area over the weekend have a good one guys.

Brother Darren is right here where he should be. :)
But Brother Darren just has to step back for Saturday because his step son's 18th birthday is upon him and here in the U.K. 18 is the age of majority, unlike the U.S. where it is 21.:)
I will be back on Sunday, my friends....but I will be randomly checking in here and there in the meantime....

Ahh I remember many ears ago when the legal drinkig age in Missouri where my family lived was 21 but in Iowa where my Grandmother lived it was 19. We were visiting my grandmother and my dad took my older brother who had recently turned 19, out for his first legal drink. He then bought him his second legal drink. When my brother asked to borrow the car, my dad told him no since he had been drinking. :)

Have fun sir.

I remember approaching the drinking age here: as 18 neared, the age was raised to 19..then 20, then, 21, I believe. It was like some tale out of Greek mythology, or something...what was that, Tantalus? :lol

I have cannibalised this out of a USB powered rocket lamp so I know it runs on no more than 5v. the PCB causes the three LEDs (one red, one blue and one green,) to softly increase and then decrease in brightness, one after the other. I thought this would look great behind the cockpit instrument panels, where I have cut out for the lights...

That being the case, I was thinking about running two of these units off of a 9v battery. Does anyone have enough experience to help me out please, by simply telling me if that would work? Also, I would like to desolder the LED's and re-attach them to the same points but on wire so that I can position them behind the cockpit panels. Would the addition of the wires, affect the LED performance.

Here are some close up pics to show the PCB to anyone that can help:

20130206_224157_zps35a0ea3c.jpg

20130206_224131_zpsffa34065.jpg

Darren, that would be ultra-cool if the lights did dim and brighten as you say! :thumbsup
I love all the creative cannibalizing you guys are doing for your builds!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back