Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

That's not a bad idea, Ray: maybe I should be playing that song to motivate me to ignore my toothache and get my build-butt in gear! :)

(and of course I remember the Steve Miller Band, I'm old, remember? :lol )

Oh man I had a tooth ache a few months back and I was knocking back those little bottles of Anbesol like they were mini liquor bottles on a plane:lol feel better brother.

As I have already stated, I have finally decided/realised that certain aspects of my Eagle build are just not up to standard. I have already made a start on the inside fixtures and fittings, as I showed in an earlier post and the next part of my Eagle to get the reboot treatment is the Command module as, quite frankly, it is a shambles. It has no strength to it. The cut i made to open it is too uneven and it is a nightmare trying to install the cockpit and the front cockpit wall and try to get the two to meet and join with the CM, when all three have been made independently from each other. So, I have been back and re read the earlier posts of this build, in particular, the method used by LMFAOSchwarz to build his CM. Although my method is slightly different, it is still pretty much his method, adapted to my needs.
Here are some pics:
Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Only I could start out building an Eagle transporter Command Module, and end up with a 50's Speed Boat! :lol

Here, one quarter of the ribs are installed.
Untitled-12.jpg

Here, I have added the window paneling after sanding and trimming the ribs to where they should be.
Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Ray!

I will Skin it with .015 styrene plates, much as Bob did on page 34/35 of this thread. If that proves to be too flexible, I will skin it with long thin strips, running front to back, over the top. Worst case scenario: I will have a little more thickness to sand down, in order to even it all out. That's the plan, anyway.

Hi, Ray!

I will Skin it with .015 styrene plates, much as Bob did on page 34/35 of this thread. If that proves to be too flexible, I will skin it with long thin strips, running front to back, over the top. Worst case scenario: I will have a little more thickness to sand down, in order to even it all out. That's the plan, anyway.

In my opinion, you might be better off with thicker styrene for the skin. I've had no real problems with he thinner stuff, but there were a few spots that would have been easier to sand if it were thicker. But you're probably ok with whatever you use, the more I think about it!
Your last post really took me back in time to the beginning of my build! :)

Okay I went back and saw how Bob did his seems like a good way by the looks of how his came out and the red Bondo spot putty I go through that stuff like it was tooth paste. When I go to Pep Boys Auto I usually grab 2-3 tubes at a time it's a modelers best friend.

No, you are absolutely correct in what you say, Bob. Part of the reason I am using thinner sheeting is because it's much more flexible and part of the reason is because it's all I have at the moment other than .060. :lol
I figured on skinning it twice anyhow so two layers will be really strong. I am of course open to your point of view as you have bundles more experience than me..

Last edited:
SO Darren you're getting the command module ready for some "Jungle Love" (I know I know really lame but I had to throw in a Steve Miller reference)

No, you are absolutely correct in what you say, Bob. Part of the reason I am using thinner sheeting is because it's muck more flexible and part of the reason is because it's all I have at the moment other than .060. :lol
I figured on skinning it twice anyhow so two layers will be really strong. I am of course open to your point of view as you have bundles more experience than me..

That's the ticket, Darren: the best compromise between strength and flexibility. The two layers sound great. That should give the CM the strength of a Jet Airliner (just to stay in keeping with the Steve Miller theme going on) :lol !

Okay, okay enough with the Steve Miller stuff!!! :lol

and then, as if by magic.....Abracadabra! Another update appeared!

Well.....you didn't think I was going to let you guys have all the fun, did you? :lol

Okay, here's a little update to show where I am with my new CM. I have started skinning out the top half with .015 Styrene sheet and will put another skin over that.

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Not much to show for half a day but there you are, the life of a model maker...:D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back