Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club MEGA UPDATE NOV 29 (PIC HEAVY!)

So say we all! So say we all!

Sorry about the promised update guys. I promise I will post tomorrow!

That makes me really want to read it now.....:(

I'm still in the outlining phase. A bunch of index cards with particular plot points and some sketches at the moment. Maybe half to 3/4ths a page of particular dialog I want to make sure gets in. I've got more half finished stories on my hard drive than you can imagine. Not to mention partially finished articles I've written for either my blog or AR.

I write a lot, but I sorta run out of steam unless I've got enough inertia to finish.

I've got two articles on reloading ammunition, languishing on my hard drive right now. It's finding the time and energy to finish and someone to take good pics stopping me from finishing them.

I got mail..!

The big deal about that? I received Darren's Eagle occupants he made for me. And what great little figures they are!

Oh..and since you had wondered, Darren, they do fit my scale almost exactly. Observe...
View attachment 134777
This is the most fun piece of mail I've received in probably years! I'll take pictures of these five guys very soon (hopefully today), so you can all see!:)

But for the moment I wanted to thank you for the efforts, Darren. I think these figures will add the 'life' to my Eagle I was afraid it would lack!

Last edited:

Hehehe! Glad to see they arrived safe and sound and sorry they took so long to arrive!

He certainly looks happy enough in his home from home!

Happiest of new years to you, Bob and I am so happy that the figures are up to spec, even if one does come with the obligatory 70's beard and moustache!

Oh, very much up to spec, and I like the beard and moustache!

Your details are dizzying! I'm in the process of photographs now, before I'm off to (ugh) work!

Wow this is such a great thread of brotherly love & creativity. :)

Don't worry, Chris...we have enough love for you, too! :lol

Bob, are you having issues with paint flaking? I hope it's nothing serious, mate...

Thanks, Chrisisall, good to see you, and Happy New Year! :)

Yeah, brotherly love and creativity are about all we do, it seems!

Anyhow, my mail from Darren:
The details are great! Unfortunately,I can't seem to capture that in my pictures. Or maybe they just look better in person! Anyhow, I used a piece of Sculpey clay to stand them up for pictures...

View attachment 134830View attachment 134831View attachment 134832
These seated guys are great. I'll have to do everything I can to see if I can seat them up front.

View attachment 134833View attachment 134834
This guy is great. I love his 'purposeful' stride!

View attachment 134835View attachment 134836
Here's the bearded security dude. Not sure if you can see it here, but for some reason he reminds me of that famous clown...what was his name, Emmit? Anyhow, that's who crossed my mind! lol Maybe a cross of Emmit and Ringo Starr, actually!

View attachment 134837View attachment 134838View attachment 134839
Now, the guy in Tony Verdeschi's clothes. The jacket came out great! Close up, he kind of reminds me of the actor who played Lee Russell, Helena's husband!

Again,. thank you so much, Darren. This should add an extra layer of interest for you, seeing how your creations end up being used!
Hard to believe that these were World War I soldiers, not long ago!

The coolness continues. I check in all the time, just don't comment often is all.

It was my absolute pleasure, and those pilots should fit into the seats no problem, as your cockpit is more accurate than mine, i.e. you have more leg room. That is why I am cannibalising my cockpit as we speak and making it deeper, like yours.

Bob, are you having issues with paint flaking? I hope it's nothing serious, mate...

Not that I have observed. I'd be likely to coat them later on, but I'm not sure what paints you used, and I'd be paranoid for some kind of "reaction", then I'd have five Brian Blessed figures from 'Death's Other Dominion". :lol

It was my absolute pleasure, and those pilots should fit into the seats no problem, as your cockpit is more accurate than mine, i.e. you have more leg room. That is why I am cannibalising my cockpit as we speak and making it deeper, like yours.

That must be a t.v./movie thing. I had heard that in one of the Indiana Jones movies, they had to cut the legs off the miniature actor puppets because they couldn't fit into the little mine cars!

Not that I have observed. I'd be likely to coat them later on, but I'm not sure what paints you used, and I'd be paranoid for some kind of "reaction", then I'd have five Brian Blessed figures from 'Death's Other Dominion". :lol
:lol
I was referring to the bottom black panel of your cockpit door surround. It looks a little bubbled. The figures are all painted and varnished in acrylic so you should be fine if you wish to redcoat them for extra protection. Loving the Brian Blessed idea.....maybe I will do another five like that ;)

That must be a t.v./movie thing. I had heard that in one of the Indiana Jones movies, they had to cut the legs off the miniature actor puppets because they couldn't fit into the little mine cars!
I had no choice but to cut my pilots' legs off :( but on the positive side, I turned their amputations into empty moon boots to put in the storage lockers. :lol

I had no choice but to cut my pilots' legs off :( but on the positive side, I turned their amputations into empty moon boots to put in the storage lockers. :lol

Well, so the Alphans not only recycle supplies and equipment, they've gotten around to recycling limbs and such too, eh? :eek

You had me worried about that paint, so I checked. Nope..it's just dust, probably from sanding! Whew!

No, thank YOU for the scare. It's very easy with such a detailed project that individual components can often go overlooked!

Cool to get to watch each others' backs in this way! :)

whoamajingy, those astronauts or should I say Eaglenauts look sharp. I've gotten some writing done. Unfortunately it's a mish mash of various scenes to ensure I've got the dialog I want, and they are spread out over 3 possible chapters. Other than that I've been doing a bunch writing on my blog and working on 2 articles for AR.

I keep looking at my design and thinking, "Self, could this conceivably be an home built extension of an Eagle?" Thinking many years down the road Moonbase Alpha has gotten their population levels approaching unsustainable levels, so they start to build more ships out of moon sourced materials. Hence one of the reasons they don't have anti grav, Moonbase Alpha doesn't have the materials or the spares to build it.

Thanks Greylocke and it's great to hear that the story is progressing! That theory about resources being scarce, sounds like a pretty plausible scenario to me! Keep us all in the loop, Mate!

well, I thought it might be fun to post a couple of pics I took before sending the figures to Bob. It certainly illustrates the scale difference between the two builds, if nothing else. Although, I do admit that they look a little like a father & son taking a stroll.....:lol

LMFAOfigures5.jpg

LMFAOfigures4.jpg

LMFAOfigures3.jpg

Lastly, i thought I would post a picture of the original figures, just in case anyone else would like to have a go at this.
LMFAOFigures.jpg

By The way, all the paints and varnishes I use are the same brand as in the photo above. I just spray a coat of plastic primer over the finished figure, then a coat of white acrylic primer, before hand painting them. I was going to do a little tutorial for anyone who might be interested but right now, my time is a little taken up to say the least!

Ok, Now I KNOW you have a shrink way from "Honey, I shrunk the kids" around somewhere :lol

Maybe my brain is simply frazzled from just completing a night at work...but at a glance I'd say that Darren's "Alphanauts" look roughly twice the height of mine. Now, does it not stand to reason that his Eagle should be roughly twice the length of mine?

I don't get it! :confused

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back