Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club (PIC HEAVY!)

Re: Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Club UPDATE 15/03 (PIC HEAVY!)

Yeah, that would certainly be no fun to get a door stuck in the open position! lol
That was one reason I didn't want to go too large in the size: the idea that more would be possible, and I'd get to the point that I'd have to talk myself out of doing some things. Having said that, you do have me seriously thinking about lighting. :confused

It's so simple the way I have done it! Just do a search on eBay for LED fairy lights. No soldering, no hassle and no heat generated by the lights. They stay cold, even if you leave them on all the time. Also, the battery consumption is ridiculously little...and it does bring a model to life. Also, you will see that the LED's are available in all colours. I wish I had some warmer yellow rather than the cold white but who can argue for a penny?? Not me...

I have a few pair of yellow-tinted safety glasses you could wear when you or someone else is looking at it! :)

They're great to wear when I work outdoors on overcast days...they make everything look bright and sunny!:cool

That's kinda like glueing carpet tiles to the bottom of your slippers and then wearing them at the shopping mall, because it makes Walmart shop floor feel like your living room :lol

I came across these and thought hat they may be of interest...

FRONT COSOLE:
af717b88.jpg

Co-PILOT'S SIDE
aa1d7874.jpg

PILOT'S SIDE
abb7611e.jpg

Hope they are of some help. They are screen accurate to the button but, I don't know how far you want to take this. Maybe you don't even need to build the side and front instrument panels as, your cockpit door will be sealed shut. In which case, these would probably be unviewable. I just thought maybe, if you wanted to, you could print these at the correct size and glue them in place. :)
I'll leave it with you to decide what you want to do...

Thanks...that is helpful! I'm looking at views from various episodes and whatnot, and it is sometimes difficult to discern control panels from partial views in various shots. Much obliged!
My control panels will be visible...at least I think so. The only "missing pieces" my cockpit will probably have will be the port side yellow panels.

Heh, when my mum passed away last year I inherited her sunglasses...dayglo yellow, almost. I needed a spare pair for riding, so I wear those, they're too big for me but they work fine in a helmet. They DO make cloudy days seem bright and cheerful!

Darren, glad you're back mate, feeling OK I hope?

Great to follow the work you fellers are doing. Love the Eagle!

all the updates are looking real good guys...

Atlanthia those chairs look incredible..

From a sheet of relatively thick cardboard, I cut out a hole within which to place the door. I wanted the door to at least appear to recess into the wall, and not too flush with the surrounding wall surface. So, attaching the surrounding details should accomplish just that. I've painted the door frame, and putting it in place, it seems to look ok.
View attachment 87892View attachment 87893View attachment 87894
Now, I need to make some extra details for the back wall. I can't glue any together just yet, because I'm going to paint them first, and that hopefully will give me nice sharp edges when I cement them in place. Hopefully! So now I proceed to cut, cut and cut some more.........
View attachment 87895View attachment 87896View attachment 87897View attachment 87898
I apologize for the glacial pace...it just feels like I'm getting nowhere. Maybe I'm distracted by the unusually warm weather here, or something!:confused

Astounding work!!! That is going to look Killer when it's done! You got me beat hands down on the workmanship and I don't mind saying it.
Are we mad to put this much work and detail into the least visible part of the build?????
I for one am starting to wonder. I am sitting here at 2 am gluing 1mm x 1mm card buttons onto a console that no one will ever see!!!!! :lol
Great Update Bob and thanks for sharing. I will post tomorrow morning

You got me beat hands down on the workmanship and I don't mind saying it.

I thank you for your kind words...even tho' I don't agree with them lol.

Are we mad to put this much work and detail into the least visible part of the build?????

Probably! lol
Still, it's best to have company in insanity!:) I look forward to your update tomorrow: sounds like you've got some exciting stuff coming up!

Thanks...that is helpful! I'm looking at views from various episodes and whatnot, and it is sometimes difficult to discern control panels from partial views in various shots. Much obliged!
My control panels will be visible...at least I think so. The only "missing pieces" my cockpit will probably have will be the port side yellow panels.

I am intrigued....why the yellow panels on the port side?

Why the panels on the port side? 'Cause they will not exist in the final version (at least that's my plan). Looking from the starboard side, it'll be a complete ship. The port side will be permanently open (i.e. a cut-away view) of the interior.
At least as of now...we shall see how it unfolds...:confused

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back