South Park season premiere "Member Berries", anyone catch it?

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The subplot about nostalgia, reboots, Abrams and the comforting little berries that said... " 'memba Chewbacca?"
among other things.

A well overdue roasting me thinks.

I saw it and had already forgotten the episode. South Park ties far too many recent events and whatnot into its episodes now. Its no longer enjoyable for me. And that disappoints me. :(

I like that they're doing season long arcs recently but I think in doing so it makes the individual episodes a bit too chaotic; they'll introduce the beginning of that storyline and fill out the 2/3rds of the show with something else only tangentially related. I don't mind when the season has a central theme or focus but I think South Park is at its best when it's more focused on one topic rather than jumping between three different ideas. Though I understood what they were poking fun at in the episode, it was an hour long with no pay off or resolve to any of the jokes; so there was no poignancy to them, or at least, they lacked a bite they typically have. It was all just set up for something else and I get that that's part of the new structure they're playing with in recent seasons. However, whether it's a parody at modern franchises, their story structures being written to just set up the next thing, (not to mention the constantly playing loud background music), I can't say for certain, but as a result, I think it leaves more wanting in the end than anything. And not in a good way.

However, I do hope Stone and Parker do make a statement in the end about all this canned nostalgia nonsense and not just tear a new hole in Abrams but fandom and the current climate of pop-culture and its relation to the masses currently.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it. I really liked the last season too.

I find that the serial arc format gives it some maturity and I enjoy the longer set ups and pay offs. I don't believe the comedy has lost any of its bite.

Loved Cartman's T-Shirt.

Loved this episode. I think if they can run a whole season with this theme then they've tapped I to my brain

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NeilT, Snikt, you guys should really watch all of season 20 of South Park. So relevant. I was actually a bit surprised at how I actually felt embarrassed about trolls doing their thing on there and how I play a role in Perpetuating the issues as well even if I don't think I'm trolling. Seriously, even South Park admits that maybe TFA is as awesome as we think. Then again I only binge watched it because I had 24 hr duty....

Overall it was pretty good. The member berries were hilarious and started channeling that All in the Family guy

Member when south park was poorly drawn and each episode was the best episode you had ever seen , every episode .

Yeah I member .
That was Fantastic !

I love this whole 'memberberries season. The problem of course is that as soon as trump won, they were totally thrown off course and the second half of the season wasn't so hot. They really didn't know what to do except focus on the online troll plot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't think they ever thought Mr Garrison would have to be president lol.

The season XX loot crate was cool as hell ! Reversible Kenny parka and Clyde frog !!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back