So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

I found the gloves! They are Kevlar lined uk motorcycle/ uk riot gloves. The trick is to find a pair with the separated thumb. View attachment 525471View attachment 525472

I found 2 places with the type of glove that I'm looking for. One was ebay uk which unfortunately sold out. The other is a store that has them for about 40 pounds each in size medium and large. The only quirk with him is that he has a web site but you can't purchase on the website. You have to email him. All in all \a pair runs around 80 dollars including shipping which isnt so bad considering they are being shipped to the U.S, His website is here: http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/clothing.html
or you can try to fine them via ebay like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170418055971

I got an email from the F2 motorcycle guy after I ordered 1 pair. These are discontinued from the manufacturer and he has 2 pairs (large) left. They are made in the UK. Trying to figure out who the manufacturer is. Hopefully when my pair arrives it will not have the inked over "______ Limited".

o8tmr7.jpg

After further research I am sure these are an older Southcombe Brothers (SB Limited) police riot glove. The big clue was that they are made from "pyrohide" in the F2 motorcycles webpage catalogue description. Pyrohide which is a registered trademark of Southcombe Brothers Ltd. On Tuesday, March 21, 2000, an European Community Trademark Registration was filed for PYROHIDE by SOUTHCOMBE BROTHERS LIMITED Stoke-sub-Hamdon, Somerset GB TA14 6QD.

I have contacted Southcombe Brothers directly and asked what a minimum order to resume production would be. Obviously a reproduction need not be made of kevlar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the manufacturer:

http://mlapoliceequipment.co.uk/product/m300-public-order-gauntlet/

MLA Ltd is the company. The model is the M300 public order gauntlet. Not sure if they are still being produced but the item is still on the website.

Goffcorp

Close but no. You can barely make out that the thumb in the pair your referenced has 1 pad. Those worn on screen have 2 separate pads over the thumb.

Incorrect:
15xkcgy.jpg

Correct:
2wn4sw6.jpg

Last edited:
Close but no. You can barely make out that the thumb in the pair your referenced has 1 pad. Those worn on screen have 2 separate pads over the thumb.

Good eye. Given these are currently in production and modifying them will require just a bit of handstitching on my part, I'm going to take a shot with them.

Goffcorp

Also the padding on those newer ones is softer and less clean/crisp.

They look as though the armoured areas are wider and possibly thicker to. Shame I did not order them on Tuesday when I had the Money! Somebody must still have stock of them somewhere?

I have made some enquiries with a few serving british policemen I know and they don't know where to get them either.

Paul

Ugh,
I placed my order for the Kevlar gloves, Part F25207KEV within a few days of identification, and even double checked the status about a week ago to ensure that the order was shipped and was assured that they were.

I followed up again yesterday and received the following response:

"Hello,
I owe you a huge apology,
We were simply inundated with orders from all over the world and sold our entire stock in about a week.
I was absolutely certain I had carefully kept track of every order so no one would miss out.
Unfortunately it does appear I have made an error and your shipment was not dispatched.
I have refunded your paypal payment, but unfortunately we can not get any more of these glove and I will not be able to supply them.

So sorry"

Just a reminder to never count your chickens and a bird in the hand, etc.

If anyone ordered an extra pair and had some pity, I would be willing to purchase them from you at a premium.

Thanks!

PS. Also, I in no way want to impugn the shop owner from whom I ordered the gloves. He is a honest merchant who unfortunately experienced the crush of a legion of star wars fans. In many ways this mistake was unavoidable.

Last edited:
I just bought the last stock of these gloves (6 pairs mens size 9-9.5) from a seller in the UK. Should be here in the US a week or two I imagine.

Hey guys, so I found these. They seem to be closer to the screen used pair than any of the others I've seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25193781039...49&var=550811058364&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Unfortunately, only still available in red and in women's sizes. All the men's boots lack the correct panels around the top edge of the rubber foot. I think it's possible these are the ones, with the white rear panel dyed or painted black.

I don't think so. The rear-most panel is not the same shape. But lots of these styles are very close, considering the upper is mostly covered by the flight suit. I suspect many of them will do just fine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back