Skyrim Steel war axe build

An amazing build and even better finished piece, the rub and buff really worked out well!

As others have said for the powder you can brush it into the mold and cast which will still give you a good effect. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the tape method, namely the tape itself, as any tape I can think of seems to be too weak/flimsy to be able to hold up to the silicone or am I wrong? I am eager to give this method a go as I hate smoothing clay.

If you do anymore molding in this fashion it would be great to see more pictures

As promised I got some decent shots of the axe today. There are a few spots that the rub n buff refuses to stick to but it's not that noticeable. I might try re making the mould at some point if I have time to see if I can eliminate the bubbles that form on the detail parts so that if want more I can cold cast them.

DSC_1025b by NeonHybrid, on Flickr

DSC_1016b by NeonHybrid, on Flickr

I never thought I'd want just a basic weapon from a video game (I prefer the ones related to the story, e.g. Sunder and Keening) but this is an phenomenal build!

~Trent

May i ask how big you made the axe head? ive looked all over and cant find a dimension to work off of.... :/
im hoping to make a Skyrim inspired costume for comic con this year, and a war axe (2 to be exact) will be a major part of the costume.. So, any help you can give me on the dimensions of them would be very much appreciated. :)

I went with an estimate on the size based on the size in game relative to the characters. From the front of the blade to back spike it's 265mm and from the tip of the blade to the bottom tip it is 245mm. I hope that helps. The finished axe is about the length from my elbow to my finger tips.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back