Silicone Busts...

NickyMabbs

Nope, I'm not thinking about a boob-job as the title may suggest!

I've got my eye on a silicone Terminator bust & wondered what the lifespan of such an item is & the care involved to keep it looking beautiful.

Any guidance would be appreciated as I did a search but couldn't find an info.

Thanks!

There was a discussion recently on the site: Halloween Mask Association. Silicone lasts a very long time. Rick Baker has had pieces in his studio for almost 20 years. I don't believe you do anything to preserve them. Just keep them out of really hot temps and direct sunlight.

I'd imagine something like a trophy case would help extend the life and keep it from getting dusty, but other than that it's supposed to be pretty stable.

Haven't heard of anyone wrecking one on here, at least.

Chris

I've had many of mine for a number of years now and I don't do anything to maintain them except making sure the room is a stable temperature and avoiding any sunlight and they look as good as the day I bought them. I think they'll outlast me!

it all depends on what Silicone they use
if it's platinum silcone it will outlast you and yours if generally kept clean,
If the artist takes a short cut on costs and uses a tin based cheaper silicone it will being to leach the oils from it over time and dry out

you need to find out what silicone was used to produce the work to be 100% sure
hope that helps

Nope, I'm not thinking about a boob-job as the title may suggest!

I've got my eye on a silicone Terminator bust & wondered what the lifespan of such an item is & the care involved to keep it looking beautiful.

Any guidance would be appreciated as I did a search but couldn't find an info.

Thanks!

Iv never had to do anything with mine.

which terminator is it ;) ?

Thanks a lot for all your help guys! Pleasantly surprised to hear they weather well as they look fairly delicate!

I keep seeing them pop-up every now & then, I believe it was a stage-5 bust on eBay that I was looking at, which now appears to have disappeared. I will try to find it again & post a link!

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for all your help guys! Pleasantly surprised to hear they weather well as they look fairly delicate!

I keep seeing them pop-up every now & then, I believe it was a stage-5 bust on eBay that I was looking at, which now appears to have disappeared. I will try to find it again & post a link!

Thanks again!

Could be the stage 5 from t3. If it is, it does look awesome.

And I believe he let one go fairly cheap a couple of weeks ago.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back