Show your Dr. Who props!

Re: Show your Dr. Who props!

Here is the first sneak peak of my TARDIS's maiden voyage this week at Philadelphia Wizard World Comic Con. The K-9 is not mine but I thought he was amazing and the creators had even made his movement better than in the show, which was very impressive. I'm hoping they grace the TARDIS again over the next few days.

dva-small_zpse32c3f48.jpg

This is me, feeling homesick. I want to move into that Tardis and live there. You made it perfect! Your Ten kit is pretty rockin' too.

Not exactly a prop related issue but I just picked up the reissue River Song Sonic to find out they neutered it.

No red setting or data relay.

Really annoyed over this. The sonic's gutted and so am I :(

Not exactly a prop related issue but I just picked up the reissue River Song Sonic to find out they neutered it.

The re-issued one for the 50th? It's advertised all over the box it still has both settings.

The re-issued one for the 50th? It's advertised all over the box it still has both settings.

Not according to Forbidden Planet...

Doctor Who: Future Sonic Screwdriver @ ForbiddenPlanet.com

It just has the blue LED and sound.

I am sorry to hear that, and thank you for the forewarning!

Not on the boxes for the 3rd/4th/10th/ River reisssues. Nothing on the boxes and even the instructions only mention the blue setting. Nothing about red/ relay settings.

Looks like they saved some money by ommiting those features.

just saw these on forbidden planet and thought they may be of interest to some they're wall papers due for release on the 17th of june

2515045.JPG.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpg
2515038.JPG.size-285_maxheight-285_square-true.jpg

This is me, feeling homesick. I want to move into that Tardis and live there. You made it perfect! Your Ten kit is pretty rockin' too.

Thanks for the compliments guys! And Thans greatwazoo42 for the comments on my outfit. I do have the coat too but this con was so damn hot! So I only wore it for a few photos here and there.

Nice work on that patch Hogosha!

Here's a fairly simple one I did yesterday. I simply printed the file that the BBC supplied a long time ago to a textured and aged looking paper, then took a razor blade to the edges to make them see less streamlined. This is version one so far. I may do another where I try to draw it again myself because while this looks good from a small distance, up close you can tell it was printed. Still, in the display it look really nice.

photo1-small_zps7f38dd02.jpg

This morning I was very happy to pick up a prop that I had in the works for a year. I had been working with a jeweler - who was recommended to me by another jeweler friend - on a First Doctor ring. Some time ago I had gotten the finished version but I found there were some things that needed adjustments so she went ahead and remade the whole thing from scratch! That was very kind of her. When I picked it up today I was very please with it.

The stone is actually a beautiful dark blue, in some light it can appear to be very dark almost black and in others the blue is as plain as day. It's depends on how you hold it too. But mostly it is just a very nice dark blue stone. The pic on the top left here had a lot of light shining on it which is why it appears to be BLUE in your face, but the rest show it in a much truer light. The ring itself is silver.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/ring2-PB_zpsbdcc037b.jpg

And one of it at home in my collection.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w128/terrasolo/ring1-PB_zpsc6c36ad0.jpg

Here is my first attempt. The photo is a bit dark and I want to make another. (I stuck a copy of the photo on the card to give it a realistic 3D effect.)

Attachments

• 20130606_203154_zps9a8e502d.jpg
    20130606_203154_zps9a8e502d.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 120

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back