Shaping the Force

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, It has been a long time since my last update.Today I finally found some time to work on the bucket again and I managed to make some must needed teeth out of milliput and also fixed the issue with the headphone buttons being to long. I'll try to post some pictures of the buttons later

7 teeth

Look forward to seeing the new updated ear buds (or whatever you call them)
And seeing the teeth installed. Hard to get a proper look at them pictured alone(for size and shape), similar to the ear buds.
Glad to see you are still finding time to work on this.

Its a great looking helmet but of course i am going to give you my honest opinion, the mouth looks a little wider than a normal stormy helmet, i know you said before you weren't trying for a 100% accurate but just something to think about.
Not trying to take anything anyway from your work so I'll end with, i'd be more than pleased if (i ever have a try at making a stormy helmet and) it ends up half as good as this.

Thanks rosskow, I always appreciate your input :thumbsup. I don't know man?? I used the same dimension that came with the spacecowboy pep file, it would be awesome if somebody with a bucket could chime in with some mouth measurements so I can have some number to compare with.

Aside from spacecowboy pep I used this as a reference
original-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg

stormtrooper-helmet.jpg

original-stormtrooper-helmet-sculpt-lucasfilm-03-fr.jpg

simonssuit2.jpg

Just noticed this beautiful thread!!

Impressive work dude and the photos are really great, my compliments!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Couldn't imagine a pep might go so far good!!

Regards,

Alberto

putting your ref side by side you appear to have 2 less teeth (one either side)

shaping-force-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg-300066d1395285470

You appear to be missing the tooth in the far corners, can you see what i mean or do i sound crazy?
or if you are getting tired of me criticising your work, then just tell me to jog on, i don't mean to sound a #@%!

No man you don't sound crazy, I see what you mean and I saw that too, I was actually debating between the 7 and the 9 teeth layout and now that you mentioned I still am. If you look at the last 2 pictures that I was using as reference they seem to have 7 and not 9 teeth. anyways I think I'm going to try to tackle the vocoder next then I'm going to comeback and redo the teeth from 7 to 9 and see how it looks.

Nah man you're cool. I actually look for criticism, and/or constructive comments since they can lead me to an awesome better looking bucket.

Just noticed this beautiful thread!!

Impressive work dude and the photos are really great, my compliments!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Couldn't imagine a pep might go so far good!!

Regards,

Alberto

Some how I missed your post earlier. Me neither man I guess the force is strong with this one :D
Glad you like my photography :thumbsup

I've been following this thread for a while, and am just to lazy to look back if it's been asked... buuut...

Are you planning on making a mold of this when done? Or are you painting up and wearing this one?

I started making the vocoder

NeoRutty, I'm planning on making a mold out of it. After all the work that I've put into it wouldn't be wise for me wearing it and running the risk of cracking it

AWESOME WORK!!!!! I agree with Ataru72ita, the picture quality is just as good!!! I'll be watching this thread!!

Thank you glad you like the build and pictures.

Update: working on the vocoder and redo the teeth form 7 to 9. I'll post pictures whenever I get something solid

Update. I managed to finish the vocoder, for those wondering what material I used, it's made out of wood / solid wood that I had laying around the house with a thickness of 1/4".
Side note. I couldn't find any good close up picture of the vocoder to use as reference so I made my own version of it.

Vocoder front view

Vocoder side view

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back